Old July 27th 05, 03:05 PM
David

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 22:19:19 -0500, wrote:

Linksys Wireless B Music System internet radio

That's not a radio. You need a computer to use it.

Old July 27th 05, 04:28 PM

I knew that before I bought my Linksys internet radio when I read the
information on the box.I don't tote it much though,I can listen to it
good enough when I am in other rooms in my house,besides,I don't want to
drop it.It has two speakers and I can tune in radio stations around the
World.It is an internet radio.I like physical radios even though I can
use my computer as an internet radio.I am listening to Radio One out of
Dublin,Ireland on it right now.That is why I bought it,so I can listen
to Ireland and Scotland radio stations.It is worth it to me.Whatever
turns your crank,Hank.
cuhulin

Old July 27th 05, 05:03 PM

It is at www.stevequayle.com where that www.radiolabs.com link
is.I don't know why I had been thinking it was at rense.com or
coasttcoastam.com
cuhulin

Old July 27th 05, 05:05 PM
John S.

www.ccrane.com sells them and www.jr.com sells some Sangean
radios too. www.rense.com has (or used to have) a link about
modifications for Sangean radios,or maybe it was at
www.coasttocoastam.com where I once saw that link.A
www.devilfinder.com search for,Sangean Radios might turn up some more
links.I have read a few times before though that the LCD display panels
on those Sangean radios don't hold up well.I bought two Sangean radios
about seven years ago.I sent them back to Bob Crane because in my
opinion,they are over priced and not any good.
cuhulin

Yes, the Sangean hype all started with the ATS803a. I played with one
extensively at EEB and came away with the feeling that it was cheaply
made, especially in comparison to the more expensive (and better
performing) Sony 2010 which I ended up buying.

Ya get whatcha pay for.

Old July 27th 05, 05:07 PM

That tote it whatever it is satellite radio you have uses satellites and
computers.I don't doubt somewhere in the mix,satellites are involved
with my intenet radio too.In fact,I am pretty sure they are.
cuhulin

Old July 27th 05, 05:42 PM
David

On 27 Jul 2005 09:05:20 -0700, "John S." wrote:

wrote:
www.ccrane.com sells them and www.jr.com sells some Sangean
radios too. www.rense.com has (or used to have) a link about
modifications for Sangean radios,or maybe it was at
www.coasttocoastam.com where I once saw that link.A
www.devilfinder.com search for,Sangean Radios might turn up some more
links.I have read a few times before though that the LCD display panels
on those Sangean radios don't hold up well.I bought two Sangean radios
about seven years ago.I sent them back to Bob Crane because in my
opinion,they are over priced and not any good.
cuhulin

Yes, the Sangean hype all started with the ATS803a. I played with one
extensively at EEB and came away with the feeling that it was cheaply
made, especially in comparison to the more expensive (and better
performing) Sony 2010 which I ended up buying.

Ya get whatcha pay for.

An ATS803A is certainly more rugged than the 2010.

Old July 27th 05, 06:54 PM
John S.

wrote:
[...]

Don't know what you mean by rugged. But if you mean surviving a drop I
cpuldn't tell you about that...I don't drop my radios as a test. I do
know the controls on the 2010 were far more precise and solid feeling
and the case didn't tend to twist and give a bit like the ATS 803a.
And my 2010 was going strong for the 12 years leading up to its sale.

Old July 27th 05, 11:02 PM
David

wrote:
[...]

The ATS-803A is built like a tank.

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/2814

''Conclusion
The Sangean ATS-803A provides a lot of value. It is no wonder they
were so popular. It is a well rounded versatile portable radio. 803A's
(or their Radio Shack cousins, DX-440's) are frequently sold used in
the $60-$100 range. The days of manufacturing portables at this kind
of quality level have passed us by. The 803A is a good all-around
player for any MW/SW listener, especially if you can string up even a
moderate length external antenna. If you can find one in good
condition in the $60-$80 range, you are staring a bargain in the face.

Note on Modifications
This radio has proven to be a modifier's delight. Components inside
are relatively easy to get to and there is ample room inside to move
things around, add stuff, etc. Among the mods chronicled on the
internet: "Anti-chuff," fine tuning and improved whip sensitivity. The
fine tune mod is especially valuable for MW work. The fine tune mod
provides +/- 3 kHz from the BFO control, when operating in the BFO Off
position.''

http://www.radiointel.com/review-ats803a.htm

Old July 27th 05, 11:56 PM
David

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 22:02:47 GMT, David wrote:

http://www.dxing.com/rx/ats803a.htm

Want Money? Try this Out gh CB 1 March 24th 05 10:27 AM
Best place for power supply [email protected] Homebrew 8 January 20th 05 03:43 AM
Best Place to Buy a GE Super Radio III? Dan Graves Shortwave 8 May 4th 04 10:50 PM
What's Wrong With This Place? Lenny Shortwave 11 April 4th 04 10:01 AM