Old July 31st 05, 12:46 AM
D. Martin

Default NEW YB-400's for 80 bucks

http://heartlandamerica.com/browse/i...6&BC=S&DL=SEH3

....seems like a good deal.

Old July 31st 05, 12:50 AM
John Smith

D. Martin:

Reading the "fine print", they have been "factory serviced", implies there was
an earlier problem with the radios...

John

oups.com...

Old July 31st 05, 12:56 AM

" Factory serviced to meet original quality standards. May have slight
cosmetic blemishes."

- Not new, still probably OK..

would rather get something like this:

http://www.radiointel.com/review-degende1103.htm

read reviews in link below

http://www.radiointel.com/phil/2005_phil_port_guide.pdf

Old July 31st 05, 01:06 AM
D. Martin

Well, they've been carrying these for a while. I actually have
already purchased one, some months ago, and am quite satisfied with it.

Darren

http://hometown.aol.com/darren1965co...e/profile.html

Old July 31st 05, 01:19 AM
David

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 16:50:11 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote:

D. Martin:

Reading the "fine print", they have been "factory serviced", implies there was
an earlier problem with the radios...

John

"D. Martin" wrote in message
roups.com...
http://heartlandamerica.com/browse/i...6&BC=S&DL=SEH3

...seems like a good deal.

Factory serviced means they are probably QC'd better than usual.

Old July 31st 05, 01:31 AM
yachtboy!

On 30 Jul 2005 16:46:56 -0700, "D. Martin" wrote:

http://heartlandamerica.com/browse/i...6&BC=S&DL=SEH3

...seems like a good deal.

So, when did they change the name?

==========
"Being diabetic is alot like having an un-invited
guest at a picnic, who keeps pointing out the potato
salad may have gone bad."--W.B. Willis
Old July 31st 05, 02:08 AM
D. Martin

When Grundig and Eton slipped under the proverbial sheets together,
products took on new titles and looks.

Darren

Old August 1st 05, 10:45 PM
Yodar

John Smith wrote:
D. Martin:

Reading the "fine print", they have been "factory serviced", implies there was
an earlier problem with the radios...

John

"D. Martin" wrote in message
oups.com...

http://heartlandamerica.com/browse/i...6&BC=S&DL=SEH3

...seems like a good deal.

That means they had twice as much attention in the quality control dept.
AS the originally built radio...I've always had better luck with refurbs

That's a good little general purpose radio c'ept it's not SSB
capable...otherwise as good as my ATS 909 which IS hot off the whip

Yodar
Old August 1st 05, 11:14 PM
D. Martin

These are good radios. That's why I posted this to begin with.

Darren

Old August 1st 05, 11:30 PM
Jim Hackett

If you are refering to the YB400, it is most definately SSB capable...

"Yodar" wrote in message
.. .
John Smith wrote:
D. Martin:

Reading the "fine print", they have been "factory serviced", implies

there was
an earlier problem with the radios...

John

"D. Martin" wrote in message