Old August 1st 05, 06:00 AM
OldGold

Default Fisher tube k2 early SW Band

Classic early Fisher Tube Receiver AND Mono Tube Power Amp AND a tube
phonostage, by The Fisher Radio Corporation of New York. This is a cool
example of one of the earliest Fishers. It has had one owner and dates
to the late 40s early 50s. This set up has been part of a custom
console set up

Winner takes ALL.

Follow the link for photos and full details.

"THE FISHER" is a a receiver model K2 @ 245 WATTS, serial number 2054.
It has bands for AM, FM and Short Wave SW, as well as phonograph
selector. It has two very cool "eye"(6U5/6G5) tubes as part of the face
as well as a television input in the rear, recorder output, am loop
output and FM dipole connectors etc.

Includes original bakelite type knobs.( In the photo the oneknob
missing from the console face on the far right is actually the seperate
control knob for the Dynamic Expander available in a seprate auction
this week.

It includes the following tubes:

SEVEN 6BA6
TWO 12AT7
TWO 6U5/6G5
ONE 6BE6
ONE 6AU6
ONE 6ALS
ONE 6C4

It is missing ONE TUBE a OA2

Receiver has been tested and powers up ok.

Now the Power Amp.

This power amp is the original custom amp that accompanies the
receiver. It has no markings on it but it is CLEAN and powers up fine.

It includes the following tubes:

FOUR 7C5
TWO 5Y3
ONE 7A4

The rectifiers have the numbers that appear to me to read 1822b and
1828b.

115 volt 60 cycle ac line and a 5 amp fuse, SPEAKER output as well as
two ac outlets to power the phonograph etc. It's power on/off is
presently controlled by it's original connection to the Receiver, BUT
could be modified to power up on it's own. Original connection cables
are ALL included

The seperate Phonostage uses a 12AT7

ALSO INCLUDED is the original Schematic

Old August 1st 05, 06:26 AM
Frank Dresser

"OldGold" wrote in message
oups.com...

[snip}

Winner takes ALL.

You've seperated the loop antenna and dynamic expander from the radio and
are auctioning these parts seperately.

Just what do you mean with "Winner takes ALL"?

Frank Dresser

Old August 1st 05, 08:32 PM
Brian Hill

"Frank Dresser" wrote in message

"OldGold" wrote in message
oups.com...

[snip}

Winner takes ALL.

You've seperated the loop antenna and dynamic expander from the radio and
are auctioning these parts seperately.

Just what do you mean with "Winner takes ALL"?

Frank Dresser

Why do people do that crap? You'll never find those parts to put it together
and most wont bid on three auctions just to try for fear you may loose one
and end up with a incomplete unit.

--
73 and good DX. B.H.
Brian's Radio Universe

Old August 1st 05, 08:40 PM
John S.

"OldGold" wrote in message
oups.com...

[snip}

Winner takes ALL.

You've seperated the loop antenna and dynamic expander from the radio and
are auctioning these parts seperately.

Just what do you mean with "Winner takes ALL"?

Frank Dresser

Why do people do that crap? You'll never find those parts to put it together
and most wont bid on three auctions just to try for fear you may loose one
and end up with a incomplete unit.

Basically parting out an antique radio to maximize his return. I've
seen real auctioneers do the same thing with sets of antique furniture.
Slimy profiteering or a free market at work? Maybe a bit of both.

Old August 1st 05, 09:23 PM
Mark S. Holden

John S. wrote:
Brian Hill wrote:

"Frank Dresser" wrote in message

You've seperated the loop antenna and dynamic expander from the radio and
are auctioning these parts seperately.

Just what do you mean with "Winner takes ALL"?

Frank Dresser

Why do people do that crap? You'll never find those parts to put it together
and most wont bid on three auctions just to try for fear you may loose one
and end up with a incomplete unit.

Basically parting out an antique radio to maximize his return. I've
seen real auctioneers do the same thing with sets of antique furniture.
Slimy profiteering or a free market at work? Maybe a bit of both.

Presumably whoever wins the radio will need to send big snipes after the
other items - if they know the radio they're buying has been scavenged.

I've auction houses auction individual parts of a very valuable set,
then auction everything as a set - and if the set sells for more than
the total of the individual parts, it stays together.

But what he's doing with this radio is more like taking a table apart
and selling the top and legs individually.

It may even be a step beyond what Radio-Mart does with stripping options
out of radios he buys for resale.

Old August 1st 05, 09:35 PM
dxAce

"OldGold" wrote in message
oups.com...

[snip}

Winner takes ALL.

You've seperated the loop antenna and dynamic expander from the radio and
are auctioning these parts seperately.

Just what do you mean with "Winner takes ALL"?

Frank Dresser

Why do people do that crap? You'll never find those parts to put it together
and most wont bid on three auctions just to try for fear you may loose one
and end up with a incomplete unit.

Sounds to me as though the other two items are merely accessories for the radio
and that it will still function without them.

Much like selling say a Drake R8 and having seperate auctions for the VHF
convertor and the MS8 speaker.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old August 2nd 05, 07:26 AM
OldGold

I simply see the Power Amp/ Receiver/Phono stage as the main pieces.
And grouped them together as such.

The loop antenna and the expander are just accessories. Not essential
to the main units.

Old August 2nd 05, 04:15 PM
Frank Dresser

"Mark S. Holden" wrote in message

[snip]

It may even be a step beyond what Radio-Mart does with stripping options
out of radios he buys for resale.

Yeah, but radiomart gets beat up here, not so much for stripping out
options, but for being "imaginative" with the truth in his descriptions.

This seller doesn't seem to be up there with radiomart, but he does say some
things which engage the imagination:

"Winner takes ALL"

ALL of what? Not the radio's loop antenna or the radio's dynamic expander.
Those are being auctioned seperately. And not the radio's speaker. Your
guess is as good as mine as where the speaker is. I suppose ALL means just
the receiver chassis, the phono chassis and the audio power amp chassis, as
well as an option to take the cabinet. In this case, the word ALL doesn't
mean ALL of the original radio.

"Receiver has been tested and powers up ok."

The receiver has been tested, but there's no reason to think it passed it's
test OK. In fact, I wouldn't expect it to work without it's 0A2. Unless I
miss my guess, the radio uses a gas discharge regulator (the 0A2) to
stabilize the voltage to the radio's local oscillator. Without that tube,
the radio just won't work. Inexperienced people sometimes think those tubes
are defective because they glow internally as they work, much like a neon
sign. "powers up", in this case, seems to mean little more than "all the
tubes glow clean".

Not there's anything wrong with being obtuse about the radio's condition.
It's an Ebay auction. I've bought several dead radios through Ebay. But I
prefer sellers who are more forthright about what they're selling.

Frank Dresser

Old August 2nd 05, 04:38 PM
Mark S. Holden

Frank Dresser wrote:
[...]

Well on reflection, perhaps comparing him to Radio-mart was a bit harsh.

I'd feel better if he mentioned the "options" he took out are being sold
on other auctions.

I'd think most folks who would bid on something like that would want the
whole thing instead of a chassis.
Old August 2nd 05, 05:14 PM
Frank Dresser

"Mark S. Holden" wrote in message

Well on reflection, perhaps comparing him to Radio-mart was a bit harsh.

I'd feel better if he mentioned the "options" he took out are being sold
on other auctions.

Well, he does mention that near the bottom of his Ebay auction page. But to
get there you well go past the sales pitches for:

classic Receiver
AND Mono Power Amp
AND a tube phonostage
original bakelite type knobs (minus one knob, to be auctioned seperately
with dynamic expander)
Original connection cables are ALL included
ALSO INCLUDED is the original Schematic from the rear of the console with a
tube layout chart

A Radio-mart comaprision is a bit harsh. More like Ron Popiel.

I'd think most folks who would bid on something like that would want the
whole thing instead of a chassis.

Dunno. Consoles were large, and the really fancy ones were the home
entertainment centers of the day. Shipping them around is expensive. Few
people have the room to properly display a few console radios. Nice table
top radios attract more buyers and usually get a better price.

Frank Dresser