Old August 4th 05, 09:05 PM
bogpeat

Default 14.313 from the early 90s - anybody have tapes, mp3s?

I was an swl back in the early 1990s, and stumbled on 14.313 one evening
and was hooked. It was more entertaining the television.

Unfortunately, I never recorded the goings-on and was wondering if
anybody here, who had a good listening post, recorded the festivities from
those days.

I'd pay a reasonable price for cds of mp3 files, or, if you have
them only on cassettes, I would be happy to convert them to mp3 and put
them on cd for you.

I also have a website they could be put up to for free download by anybody.

It would be a pity to have that entertainment disappear, and it will if
only a few collectors have boxes of cassettes.

If you are interested in selling a copy of your cds of mp3s, or in loaning
cassettes to me for conversion, please email me.

This isn't a money-making proposition; it's strictly for my pleasure in
hearing the 'shows' again, and in making sure they don't disappear.

For that matter, does anybody have the 75m chronicles of Big Al from
around the same time? That was another hilarious series of shows'
Old August 4th 05, 11:27 PM
kk4tl

Mr. Davies has a very wide selection of sound files from 313, 3901 and
3950.

His collection is especially strong in the "Herbie-vs-Porkbutt"
department.

Old August 16th 05, 08:18 PM
JayCee

bogpeat wrote:
[...]

3853 kHz in the early to mid-90s was even more entertaining. I wonder if
that old drunk N5RLX is still alive ?
Old August 16th 05, 08:34 PM

I pull up Irish mp3's once in a while.Sue me,you blind whore!
cuhulin

Old August 16th 05, 10:48 PM
75M windbag

"JayCee" wrote in message
k.net...

3853 kHz in the early to mid-90s was even more entertaining. I wonder if
that old drunk N5RLX is still alive ?

Ah yes! Ole "Slobberhead" from Conroe TX.

Ain't heard him on the air in a coon's age. Boy was he alot
of fun to listen to! he was Texas' answer to Drunken Walter
Barstool from Edison NJ who used to play WW-II German
marshall band music. James on the other hand would rant
on and on incoherently for hours into the wee hours of
the morning. Truly pathetic eh? I'm just sad I didn't tape more
of both James and Uncle Walter in their heyday on ham radio.
It was true unscripted comedy with a dash of the Jerry Springer
show fer sure !!!!

Old August 16th 05, 11:34 PM
Polly

75M windbag wrote:
"JayCee" wrote in message
k.net...

3853 kHz in the early to mid-90s was even more entertaining. I wonder if
that old drunk N5RLX is still alive ?

Ah yes! Ole "Slobberhead" from Conroe TX.

Ain't heard him on the air in a coon's age. Boy was he alot
of fun to listen to! he was Texas' answer to Drunken Walter
Barstool from Edison NJ who used to play WW-II German
marshall band music. James on the other hand would rant
on and on incoherently for hours into the wee hours of
the morning. Truly pathetic eh? I'm just sad I didn't tape more
of both James and Uncle Walter in their heyday on ham radio.
It was true unscripted comedy with a dash of the Jerry Springer
show fer sure !!!!

Fer sure the 75M windbag is a dumbass.......

"German marshall band music." You must be watching too many Westerns
and think about "Marshall Dillon" making homo love to you boy.

Now, German "Martial" Band Music is much better. Pathetic? Yep, it is
pathetic that a grown adult still cannot spell correctly or know the
difference between Marshall and Martial.

George Ashley W4FQF