Old August 5th 05, 02:50 AM
Michael

Default What should this mint R-5000 go for ???

Hiya...

What do you think this mint condition R-5000 with speaker should go for ???

http://cgi.ebay.com/KENWOOD-R5000-R-...QQcmdZViewItem

Michael

Old August 5th 05, 03:41 AM
Michael

"Jack" wrote in message
Less than 20$ if its like the new one I bought...

I take it you didnt like it.

Michael

Old August 5th 05, 04:32 AM
Telamon

In article ,
"Michael" wrote:

Hiya...

What do you think this mint condition R-5000 with speaker should go for ???

http://cgi.ebay.com/KENWOOD-R5000-R-5000-SHORTWAVE-RECEIVER-PRISTINE-N-R_W0QQitemZ5795305124QQcategoryZ4673QQssPageNameZW DVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't know but apparently getting married is to high a price.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old August 5th 05, 04:37 AM

Best to hang onto the radio then.My old crappy cheap Goodwill radios
never give me any trouble.
cuhulin

Old August 5th 05, 04:46 AM

Sometimes after a few weeks,I get tired of looking at whichever radio I
am useing.Right now I am listening to www.us963.com (more or
less,I usually keep my tuning glued on to that great radio station here
in Jackson) on my General Electric Monitor radio,model no 7-2916A
radio.(if y'all want to look it up on the internet) I bought it brand
new at a Roses department store in Jackson back in the 1970's.It's a
good little radio too,works great.
cuhulin

Old August 5th 05, 04:54 AM

More than an E1, that's for sure!

Steve

Old August 5th 05, 01:44 PM
John S.

Well, the seller says it is in almost mint conditon, so I'm going to
expect a minor scuff or two but a radio in darned good condition.

Unless the seller forgot to list the options, this is a stock R-5000
with the exception of the DC adapter. The optional Kenwood speaker is
in my experience only marginally useful because much better audio can
be gotten from a Radio Shack speaker or one of the Kenwood transceiver
speakers with built-in audio filters.

R-5000 receivers in good cosmetic and operating condition with an
optional filter or two or the pc interface seem to go for $350 to $400
on Ebay.

If the high bidder (currently a zero feedback) is a collector of mint
Kenwood things then a price guideline most of us would use would go out
the window. So is it overpriced...I guess it depends. For the guy who
is high bidder, no. For me, definitely yes.

Old August 6th 05, 02:17 PM
big boy now

I am living in the uk.
about six months ago i sold a mint condition Kenwood R5000 with the VHF
converter fitted and also the optional filters fitted i sold this on ebay
and i sold it for £380.00 uk pounds. i am now regretting selling it as i
think it out performed my new NRD545.

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"Michael" wrote:

Hiya...

What do you think this mint condition R-5000 with speaker should go for
???

http://cgi.ebay.com/KENWOOD-R5000-R-5000-SHORTWAVE-RECEIVER-PRISTINE-N-R_W0QQitemZ5795305124QQcategoryZ4673QQssPageNameZW DVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't know but apparently getting married is to high a price.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

FA: - NYE VIKING RFM-005 RF POWER MONITOR, 5000 watt, mint Ron N8LMT Swap 0 November 14th 04 02:16 AM
MINT W2IHY THINGY Butch Equipment 0 May 3rd 04 06:54 AM
MINT W2IHY THINGY Butch Equipment 0 May 3rd 04 06:54 AM
Urgent: 5000 Euro Reward [email protected] Scanner 0 March 9th 04 03:07 AM
BOLO STOLEN XTL5000 mobiles here are serials and models john private smith Swap 2 January 6th 04 05:01 AM