Old August 16th 05, 08:28 PM

I Dont go for your namby pamby BullS..t!,,, Mr.Jensen.
cuhulin

Old August 16th 05, 09:34 PM
bpnjensen

Mr.Jensen,respectably,I say NUKE them a..holes.Is there sewage runnin
down the streets here in Jackson,Mississippi? You come show me!
cuhulin

Nuke the starving Africans?

Swell.

Bruce

Old August 16th 05, 09:35 PM
bpnjensen

I Dont go for your namby pamby BullS..t!,,, Mr.Jensen.
cuhulin

Yeah, the milk of human kindness can be pretty annoying, I know.

Bruce Jensen

Old August 16th 05, 09:46 PM
bpnjensen

Oh, and by the way, Cuhulin - in case you haven't noticed, many of the
people on this newsgroup think you're a creep and treat you badly. In
my response, except for the ribbing about calling you a "selfish
*******," I've been pretty decent and have tried to treat you like the
thinking person I believe you to be. If you want to reap respect, sow
a bit of the same.

I related an idea that not only suggests that we could help
impoverished people with little hope of survival, but also do ourselves
a big favor by making them LESS jealous and likely to "hate our guts,"
as well as make them want to remain in their own nations, and you
dimiss it as *my* namby-pamby BullS..t. I didn't invent the idea, nor
did I make it work, but I have the brain and eyes to recognize a
potentially promising idea when I see it.

Call it what you want, but I see my country getting overcrowded with
people who are desperate to leave their own - they bring with them
their own customs about having massive families they can't support
properly, and that makes the problem worse. I value what little elbow
room I have left here in America, and I value living among insutrious
people who can successfully support themselves without excessive
government payouts (American industry is another story). I think you
do, too. What these ideas propose is a lot cheaper than bombing the
destitute to oblivion (you can feed 1,000,000 impoverished Africans or
Asians or anybody forever for the price of one bomb), and it will help
to improve their nations and preserve ours. That sounds like a
fabulous bargain to me.

Bruce Jensen

Old August 16th 05, 09:52 PM
dxAce

bpnjensen wrote:

Oh, and by the way, Cuhulin - in case you haven't noticed, many of the
people on this newsgroup think you're a creep and treat you badly. In
my response, except for the ribbing about calling you a "selfish
*******," I've been pretty decent and have tried to treat you like the
thinking person I believe you to be. If you want to reap respect, sow
a bit of the same.

I related an idea that not only suggests that we could help
impoverished people with little hope of survival, but also do ourselves
a big favor by making them LESS jealous and likely to "hate our guts,"
as well as make them want to remain in their own nations, and you
dimiss it as *my* namby-pamby BullS..t. I didn't invent the idea, nor
did I make it work, but I have the brain and eyes to recognize a
potentially promising idea when I see it.

In a way that almost sounds like bribery. Tell ya what, I'll be sure not to be
jealous of you or hate your guts and I'll stay here in Michigan if you'll just
send me a couple of nice log-periodic antennas.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old August 16th 05, 11:19 PM
bpnjensen

In a way that almost sounds like bribery. Tell ya what, I'll be sure not to be
jealous of you or hate your guts and I'll stay here in Michigan if
you'll just
send me a couple of nice log-periodic antennas.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

You could look at it that way - if you take a perennially dark
perspective. We don't have to help them - or even let them into the
US. The idea is to create a win-win situation for all.

The luxury of log-periodic antennas for a comfortable American is an
interesting comparison with a teaching a starving African how to grow
himself a bowl full of clean food, but I digress...

On the bright side, you could look at it as helping your fellow man,
and doing yourself a favor at the same time. Especially when the
starving Africans are too busy starving to feel jealous to begin with -
I'd bet that many of them probably don't even know that life can even
be something more than constant pain and misery. Come to them cold
with help and hope, and I think their chances of appreciating your help
are pretty good. Call it what you want - but that's not bribery from
where I sit. It's finding solutions to problems.

Bruce Jensen

Old August 16th 05, 11:27 PM
dxAce

bpnjensen wrote:

[...]

But wait... first you said it was to make them LESS jealous... now you're saying
that they are too busy starving to feel jealous to begin with?

Which is it?

I forgot to mention earlier that I really love to see the left-wingers on the
winning side of their losing streak.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 16th 05, 11:38 PM
bpnjensen

But wait... first you said it was to make them LESS jealous... now you're saying
that they are too busy starving to feel jealous to begin with?

Which is it?

My perhaps poorly chosen words in response to Cuhulin's statement that
they "hate our guts." Obviously, neither he nor I are in any real
position to predict exactly how all of the desperate people around the
world feel, but the reality is probably some combination of many
emotions.

I still stand by the original concept, however, of doing something
relatively inexpensive to benefit both the poor and yourself. You can
pick nits about dashed-off usenet responses if you wish, but the core
idea is sound.

Bruce Jensen

Old August 21st 05, 07:14 PM
Honus

wrote in message

Is there sewage runnin
down the streets here in Jackson,Mississippi?

Not unless you've taken up jogging.

Old August 21st 05, 07:44 PM

What is a log periotic antenna.Sure,I could do a devilfinder.com or a
vivisimo.com search for it,but I thought I would ask in this new group.
cuhulin