RadioBanter

-   -   Just one question (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/76259-re-just-one-question.html)

[email protected] August 12th 05 09:46 PM

Just one question

I don't really think the Russians are our enemies--at least not in this
context. Remember that school in Russia that got shot up, with all of
those little kids murdered? The Islamic radicals who attacked that
school are the cut from the same cloth as ones who attached the WTC and
who are now bombing the London subways. They want to destroy Russian
influence in Chechnya just like the want to destroy American influence
in Iraq and Saudi Arabia. These radicals hate the West. They don't care
whether it's America, Russia...you name it.

yachtboy! August 12th 05 09:49 PM

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 20:15:25 GMT, "-=jd=-"
wrote:

On Fri 12 Aug 2005 03:07:25p, yachtboy! wrote in
message :

If there weren't any wmd in Iraq, and it was ossama who masterminded
9/11, why are we in Iraq?
I would be interested in details, not RNC talking points.

Think about it... Let's start at a high level and see if you can reason it to
a logical, strategic conclusion.

You want to combat and curtail radical islamic terrorism (at least) to a
tolerable level. How are you going to accomplish that?

Let's see if you can come up with anything other than DNC talking points...
That means you will likely have to use a bit of common sense and substantive
logic, rather than emotional, symbolic, vitriolic rhetoric.

-=jd=-

So the leader of our country lies to the people to get them involved
in a war that is an extreme case of "the end justifies the means"?

Write bush and ask him why his girls haven't enlisted yet.

David August 12th 05 10:07 PM

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 20:20:27 GMT, "-=jd=-"
wrote:

On Fri 12 Aug 2005 03:49:48p, uncle arnie wrote
in message :

yachtboy! wrote:

If there weren't any wmd in Iraq, and it was ossama who masterminded
9/11, why are we in Iraq?
I would be interested in details, not RNC talking points.

Oil. They're building a nice pipeline from the north.
Some people are Alexander the Great wannabes.
War is good for business (lots of contracts and expenditures).
Fundamentalist religious people believe God is on their side.

That tired, old argument won't withstand even the slightest scrutiny.
If we were in it for the oil, then I want my share of the purloined petrol.
Injecting free oil into the market shouldn't drive prices up...

-=jd=-

They went to war to stop Saddam from selling the oil.

David August 12th 05 10:08 PM

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:06:29 -0500, "MnMikew"
wrote:

"yachtboy!" wrote in message
.. .
If there weren't any wmd in Iraq, and it was ossama who masterminded
9/11, why are we in Iraq?
I would be interested in details, not RNC talking points.

Dozens of UN resolutions violated for one.

And we're also not interested in your DNC talking points either.

UN? I thought the UN was bull****?

Brian Hill August 12th 05 10:14 PM

"David" wrote in message

UN? I thought the UN was bull****?

They are bull****. We tried to to work with the UN but they proved to be
nothing more than a bunch of longwinded bull****ers. So for once your right
dave. Congratulations.

--
73 and good DX. B.H.
Brian's Radio Universe

dxAce August 12th 05 10:22 PM

MnMikew wrote:

"yachtboy!" wrote in message
If there weren't any wmd in Iraq, and it was ossama who masterminded
9/11, why are we in Iraq?
I would be interested in details, not RNC talking points.

Dozens of UN resolutions violated for one.

And the cease fire as well...

By the way, I got to listen to AirAmerica last night for the very first time.
Heard the Randi Rhodes (sp) program.

What total crap!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Brian Hill August 12th 05 10:25 PM

"yachtboy!" wrote in message

So the leader of our country lies to the people to get them involved
in a war that is an extreme case of "the end justifies the means"?

No body lied to anyone. You just want so badly to beleive that's true. You
have no idea what evil forces are at work laughing their asses off at
Americans like you. Your helping the enemy with your lack of faith in your
country and your president.

B.H.

[email protected] August 12th 05 10:27 PM

www.devilfinder.com Michael New
cuhulin

Brad August 12th 05 10:39 PM

"yachtboy!" wrote in message
If there weren't any wmd in Iraq, and it was ossama who masterminded
9/11, why are we in Iraq?
I would be interested in details, not RNC talking points.

You are in Iraq because the American Military had lost Osama and Bush had to
divert the attention and anger of the American people and make it look like
he was doing something about it.

You are in Iraq because War is good for business.

You are in Iraq because there was a recession in America.

You are in Iraq because two days after Bush sent in the troops he announced
a $3.6 trillion dollar rescue package for the American economy.

You are in Iraq so that American businesses can rebuild the country and
spend some of that $3.6 trillion and pay it to American workers and
shareholders.

You are in Iraq so that American businesses can supply guns, tanks, hummers,
radios, uniforms, aircraft, buildings, food, helmets and 6ft wooden boxes
and restock using some of that $3.6 trillion.

You are in Iraq because War is good for business.

bpnjensen August 12th 05 11:42 PM

You have no idea what evil forces are at work laughing their asses off at
Americans like you.

He says, with the tone of one who knows first hand...???

Bruce Jensen