Old August 18th 05, 04:20 AM
Ron Hardin

Default Pics phased array, radio

I took a couple of snapshots of my radio and a couple elements of
the 8-element MW phased array (grown over the years to hear an
ever more difficult Imus in the Morning program as various affiliates
acquired and dropped him)

http://home.att.net/~rhhardin/antenna.jpg Two Elements of 8-Element MW Phased Array
http://home.att.net/~rhhardin/radio.jpg Imus-Receiving Phased Array Radio

The 2 elements seen are a Wellbrook ALA-1530 and a Dymek McKay DA100E. There
are two of the former and six of the latter.

The six leads can be seen in the radio picture coming in in the middle low right,
with the two Wellbrook leads NE of them. They're mixed in 7 ANC-4's.

On the left is mostly a bank of all the DSP's I could get on Ebay; to the right
on the bottom are two Amcominc ClearSpeech base units.

Out of sight are 3 Behringer audio mixer boards that feed audio around.
--
Ron Hardin

Old August 18th 05, 05:33 AM
Howard

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 03:20:06 GMT, Ron Hardin
wrote:

[...]

How do you like the JPS NIR-10 DSP unit?

I've noticed that in NIR mode when I move the NIR level up there is a
distinct poing at which you start hearing wierd oscillations - does
your unit do the same/similar?

Howard
Old August 18th 05, 09:54 AM
Ron Hardin

wrote:

[...]

I don't find any oscillations. There are a lot of firmware versions for
the NIR-10. I use the second-to-latest. The NIR-12 seems to be superior,
more than just two NIR-10's. Both do pretty well against lightning crashes.

--
Ron Hardin

Old August 18th 05, 02:14 PM
Al

You're not married are you?

Al KA5JGV
San Antonio, TX

Old August 18th 05, 02:26 PM
David

wrote:

I took a couple of snapshots of my radio and a couple elements of
the 8-element MW phased array (grown over the years to hear an
ever more difficult Imus in the Morning program as various affiliates
acquired and dropped him)

http://home.att.net/~rhhardin/antenna.jpg Two Elements of 8-Element MW Phased Array
http://home.att.net/~rhhardin/radio.jpg Imus-Receiving Phased Array Radio

The 2 elements seen are a Wellbrook ALA-1530 and a Dymek McKay DA100E. There
are two of the former and six of the latter.

The six leads can be seen in the radio picture coming in in the middle low right,
with the two Wellbrook leads NE of them. They're mixed in 7 ANC-4's.

On the left is mostly a bank of all the DSP's I could get on Ebay; to the right
on the bottom are two Amcominc ClearSpeech base units.

Out of sight are 3 Behringer audio mixer boards that feed audio around.

You don't have MSNBC?

Old August 18th 05, 04:06 PM

MSNBC?

- What's the fun in that !