Old August 26th 05, 05:00 PM
Beerbarrel

I like the old stuff

r-390
r-392
sx-28

plus others

Yaesu 757gxll when I talk. I still like that 390/390a line of collins
designed stuff. I has a Sony CRF-V21. I did not really care for it.
I'm sure I will add others. I'm thinking a sp-600 next.
Old August 26th 05, 05:47 PM

John S. wrote:
Beerbarrel wrote:
How many people frequent this group actually don't have a radio? We
all know Honkus does not have a radio but who else does not and what
are they going to get if they get one?

It would be difficult indeed to find a household that didn't have at
least one radio. If you are talking about shortwave radios a question
with potentially more interesting answers might be: How many shortwave
radios do you own and which ones do you use most frequently.

R8B: Used a lot. My overall favorite.

7030+: Used a lot. Wonderful tuning knob. Great notch, too.

Lowe HF-150: Used a lot. Love it for broadcast listening. Also good on
SSB, with great stability and 8 hz tuning increments

Sony ICF-SW77: Used occasionally. Equal to the 2010, so far as I can
tell--at least in its later incarnations. Not good on FM, but I
consider that a virtue

Sony ICF-7600GR: Used a lot. This is what I keep by the bed. I listen
to talk radio on it at night.

The receiver I hope to have, one of these days, if I'm really, really
lucky: Drake R7A

Old August 26th 05, 09:52 PM
Beerbarrel

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:46:39 -0500, "MnMikew"
wrote:

"Beerbarrel" wrote in message
.. .
I like the old stuff

r-390
r-392
sx-28

How do you like your 392? Mine seem really deaf on just about every band. My
truck picks up more than the 392 in deer camp, even with a longwire on it.

Yep, like David says, it's a portable version of the R-390. I do have
a DX-390. I thinks it's made by Sangean. It seems a little deaf too. I
use it mainly for the garage beater. I take it outside and use it
while doing yard work and such.
Old August 26th 05, 10:08 PM
FDR

"Beerbarrel" wrote in message
How many people frequent this group actually don't have a radio? We
all know Honkus does not have a radio but who else does not and what
are they going to get if they get one?

I have all the radios.

Old August 26th 05, 10:32 PM
Sanjaya

"John S." wrote in message
oups.com...

It would be difficult indeed to find a household that didn't have at
least one radio. If you are talking about shortwave radios a question
with potentially more interesting answers might be: How many shortwave
radios do you own and which ones do you use most frequently.

10 portables, 1 ICOM R75.
I use the R75 most, and the portable I use most is a DE1103

Old August 26th 05, 10:40 PM
Brian Hill

"David" wrote in message

I am a qualified tech. I just do not have an SOP to go by.

Should be easy to find?

B.H.

Old August 26th 05, 11:15 PM
asdf

i jsut got my own yesterday. Sony 7600gR.
tried listening to it yesterday but didnt get too far.
only was able to catch 3 SW stations.

Old August 26th 05, 11:29 PM

I own one paticular old off the wall brand name radio.It only has two
Shortwave lines (or whatever y'all call em on that rectangular dial
thingy) on the dial and AM/FM.But that radio is very,very good at
picking up the Shortwave bands it does pick up with only it's pencil
thingy built in dicky antenna.It is an old cheap radio I bought at a
Goodwill store about ten years ago.I once accidently knocked it off
(more than a few times) off a stack of books I had sitting on my
hardwood floor in front of my coffee table,the plastic dial thingy fell
off of it and also messed up the ON/OFF/Volume control thingy.D..n
little radio is a Humdinger when it works.I am H... when I am
well,trouble is,I stay sick all the time :{) Haw Haw Haw!
cuhulin

Old August 26th 05, 11:34 PM

I am not going to say you are not a qualified tech,hey,what do I know?
Other than Junk Yard Wars is on tv right now.
cuhulin