Old August 27th 05, 05:36 PM
dxAce

Default Hurricane Hunter

Hearing TEAL 55 making a phone patch on 13927.1 at 1632. The TEAL callsign is
usually associated with the Hurricane Hunters. When the station running the
phone patch asked if TEAL 55 was in the Caribbean, TEAL 55 indicated they were
over Texas.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 27th 05, 05:45 PM

Long as Katrina doesn't stir up any tornados in my area,(I doubt if that
will happen,I know much more about the weather in my area than them
lieing fed govt so-called weather folks A..holes can ever know!) I am
not worried about it.It is calm weather (the leaves on my trees aren't
moving at all) here and the Sun is shineing.
cuhulin

Old August 27th 05, 05:51 PM

000
WTNT42 KNHC 271450
TCDAT2
HURRICANE KATRINA DISCUSSION NUMBER 17
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
10 AM CDT SAT AUG 27 2005

THE NEW FORECAST TRACK AND WIND RADII REQUIRE A HURRICANE WATCH FOR
PORTIONS OF SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA AT THIS TIME...INCLUDING
METROPOLITAN NEW ORLEANS. THIS WATCH WILL LIKELY NEED TO BE
EXTENDED ALONG THE COAST LATER TODAY OR TONIGHT.

FORECASTER BEVEN

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INITIAL 27/1500Z 24.5N 85.0W 100 KT
12HR VT 28/0000Z 24.6N 86.0W 105 KT
24HR VT 28/1200Z 25.3N 87.6W 115 KT
36HR VT 29/0000Z 26.7N 89.0W 120 KT
48HR VT 29/1200Z 28.6N 89.9W 125 KT
72HR VT 30/1200Z 33.0N 89.5W 60 KT...INLAND
96HR VT 31/1200Z 37.5N 86.0W 30 KT...INLAND
120HR VT 01/1200Z 41.5N 80.0W 25 KT...EXTRATROPICAL

$$

Old August 27th 05, 05:52 PM
David

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 12:36:47 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

Hearing TEAL 55 making a phone patch on 13927.1 at 1632. The TEAL callsign is
usually associated with the Hurricane Hunters. When the station running the
phone patch asked if TEAL 55 was in the Caribbean, TEAL 55 indicated they were
over Texas.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I though operations were limited to over water?