Old August 31st 05, 09:51 PM
SR

Default Kenwood R-1000

My dad loan me his Kenwood R-1000. Because my birthday is comming up he
might give it to me.

Anyway, I have it connected with a Wilson 5000 mag mount outside of the
window and connect to a VHF/UHF TV antena on the roof. I grounded the
radio to the radiator. And using KOSS Pro 4AA headphones.

No scaning or memories on the radio, but it works nice.

I am tuned to 14.325 USB (09:45 UTC) but at 14.326 USB I heard a ham
communicating. Nothing was mentioned about the hurricane so far.

I need to learn how to calibrate the dial on this radio.

SR and a big 73!
Old September 1st 05, 01:47 AM
m II

SR wrote:
My dad loan me his Kenwood R-1000. Because my birthday is comming up he
might give it to me.

Anyway, I have it connected with a Wilson 5000 mag mount outside of the
window and connect to a VHF/UHF TV antena on the roof. I grounded the
radio to the radiator. And using KOSS Pro 4AA headphones.

No scaning or memories on the radio, but it works nice.

I am tuned to 14.325 USB (09:45 UTC) but at 14.326 USB I heard a ham
communicating. Nothing was mentioned about the hurricane so far.

I need to learn how to calibrate the dial on this radio.

SR and a big 73!

http://www.altavista.com/web/results...al&kgs=1&kls=0

Or, of victims of Microsoft's 'wrapped URL' featu

http://snipurl.com/hcs0
Old September 1st 05, 01:53 AM
m II

m II wrote:

Sorry..My send button went off before this was included:

mike
Old September 1st 05, 02:26 AM
SR

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Old September 1st 05, 08:13 PM
Mark Zenier

In article , SR wrote:
My dad loan me his Kenwood R-1000. Because my birthday is comming up he
might give it to me.

Anyway, I have it connected with a Wilson 5000 mag mount outside of the
window and connect to a VHF/UHF TV antena on the roof. I grounded the
radio to the radiator. And using KOSS Pro 4AA headphones.

No scaning or memories on the radio, but it works nice.

I am tuned to 14.325 USB (09:45 UTC) but at 14.326 USB I heard a ham
communicating. Nothing was mentioned about the hurricane so far.

I need to learn how to calibrate the dial on this radio.

The digital display shows the center of bandpass, not the carrier
frequency like a higher resolution display on one of the more ham oriented
receivers does. (Note that the frequency doesn't shift when you switch
between USB and LSB). It will always read 1.6 kHz off (either way)
for an SSB signal. Well, rounded off to the nearest 1 kHz.

If you try and adjust the counter, you'll screw up the clock.
(The 3.2768 MHz xtal on the top board).

The analog dial on the VFO is a friction fit, the silver ring knob
at the back of the main tuning knob can be shifted to align that dial.

Mark Zenier

Kenwood R 1000' s manuals DK Shortwave 2 April 25th 05 03:00 PM
WTT UHF JT 1000 For Kenwood TK 3140 UHF [email protected] Swap 0 January 17th 05 04:49 PM
Kenwood R-5000 (R5000) Receiver - Information and Resources RHF Shortwave 1 January 17th 05 01:03 PM
VT Communications B'04 Mike Terry Shortwave 1 October 12th 04 07:14 PM
fs: Kenwood kpt50 repeater radio programmer Skipp has Kenwood stuff Homebrew 0 August 7th 03 06:16 PM