Old September 2nd 05, 05:19 AM
Max Power

Default Since when did the CBC Website ever have advertizing?

Since when did the CBC Website (CBC.ca) ever have advertising?
It never had adverts in the past, but now it has adverts.
Pass this question on to HCDX, World of Radio and Radio Netherlands Media
Weblog...

Old September 2nd 05, 04:04 PM

In sci.engr.television.broadcast Max Power wrote:

| Since when did the CBC Website (CBC.ca) ever have advertising?
| It never had adverts in the past, but now it has adverts.

I guess they are just one of the last to catch up with how the world
makes money on the net.

Old September 4th 05, 04:44 AM
Bob Haberkost

"Max Power" wrote in message
| Since when did the CBC Website (CBC.ca) ever have advertising?
| It never had adverts in the past, but now it has adverts.
| Pass this question on to HCDX, World of Radio and Radio Netherlands Media
| Weblog...

That's actually not true. Several years ago, CBC's website foreswore
advertising on the main news pages (as had always been the case for the
children's programming site, kids.cbc.ca) feeling that the co-opting of
readers' attention was not in keeping with their mission - advertising was
relegated to areas of the site where advertising was very much part of the
equation (Sports, financial, etc.). But prior to that decision, cbc.ca had
as much advertising, in as many places, as it does now.

Frankly, without financial support from Ottawa, I'm surprised they gave up
the revenue before.
If there's nothing that offends you in your community, then you know you're
not living in a free society.
Kim Campbell - ex-Prime Minister of Canada - 2004
For direct replies, take out the contents between the hyphens. -Really!-