Old September 3rd 05, 01:54 AM
radioman390

Default Jane's Intelligence reports milsat interference

An interesting tidbit from Janes (August 26) indicating that apparently
enemies are jamming our military satellites. Wonder who? Notice that it
isn in the "present" tense.

FROM JANE'S:
US Air Force seeks locator for satellite jammers
The US Air Force is interested in procuring a system to locate devices
that are jamming its communications satellites.

Old September 3rd 05, 02:06 AM

I just saw an article at www.rense.com Who Is Jamming Communications
In New Orleans? I posted it in another thread in this news group.
cuhulin

Old September 3rd 05, 02:23 AM
David

On 2 Sep 2005 17:54:21 -0700, "radioman390"
wrote:

An interesting tidbit from Janes (August 26) indicating that apparently
enemies are jamming our military satellites. Wonder who? Notice that it
isn in the "present" tense.

FROM JANE'S:
US Air Force seeks locator for satellite jammers
The US Air Force is interested in procuring a system to locate devices
that are jamming its communications satellites.

They should just give up. High orbit satellites are sitting ducks.
They need a Geodesic type system.

Old September 3rd 05, 02:52 AM

Military satellites are risky business to begin with. It takes a lot of
'infrastructure' to produce, launch, operate and maintain them, and you
don't want your military apparatus to be dependent on it. The very
moment you start to take it all for granted, something will happen (or
someone will do something) to screw it up.

Steve

Old September 4th 05, 12:04 AM

wrote:

An interesting tidbit from Janes (August 26) indicating that apparently
enemies are jamming our military satellites. Wonder who? Notice that it
isn in the "present" tense.

FROM JANE'S:
US Air Force seeks locator for satellite jammers
The US Air Force is interested in procuring a system to locate devices
that are jamming its communications satellites.

Seeks, is, are -- which are not present tense?