Old September 5th 05, 10:58 PM
TF

Default OK need advice for Dad

My Dad who was a radio man in WWII enjoys his shortwave at bedside.
The following are criteria-
LARGE dials and easier to read, not too complicated
No need for FM quality or super sound system
Had a radio shack I bought years ago and it worked OK until broke
High quality for the money
Price point up to 300 dollars?

I do not know a lot about these radios so any suggestions for radios would
be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks

Tom

Old September 5th 05, 11:20 PM
Daniel J. Morlan

The Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium is a fine radio. Not too complicated,
pretty darned big, and I bought mine brand new on sale for less than
$400.00.

If you're interested, scour the web, and eBay. You might be able to nab it
for less than $300.00.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...800&category0=

Hope this helps a tad, at least...

DJM

Old September 6th 05, 12:52 AM
I Love LA

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 21:58:30 GMT, "TF"
wrote:

My Dad who was a radio man in WWII enjoys his shortwave at bedside.
The following are criteria-
LARGE dials and easier to read, not too complicated
No need for FM quality or super sound system
Had a radio shack I bought years ago and it worked OK until broke
High quality for the money
Price point up to 300 dollars?

I do not know a lot about these radios so any suggestions for radios would
be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks

Tom

Eton S350DL for $149.00. See previous post on Eton S350DL for details
on radio and comparison to others.
Old September 6th 05, 01:23 AM
TF

Thanks for the options will check both out...
By the way What about the Palstar R30? I know it is expensive but I like the
made in USA part. Will this require an antenna or does it work out of the
box?
I would pay for a unit that is high quality and looks easy to use with a big
knob and few options...
Would this be money best spent for higher quality listening?

Thanks
Tom
news

Need Antenna Advice Rob Ramm Antenna 1 June 9th 05 07:37 PM
Advice on SW for logging QSO and printing QSL cards. Mauro Equipment 0 October 8th 04 07:01 AM
Advice on SW for logging QSO and printing QSL cards. Mauro Equipment 0 October 8th 04 07:01 AM
need advice aligning a vaccum tube spectrum analyzer The Eternal Squire Homebrew 6 September 11th 03 01:40 PM