Old September 6th 05, 12:35 AM

Default An apology to the group

First I am sorry for my vitrolic OT posts this weekend. This is not
the place to debate appropriate survival strategies. You all deserve
an explanation.

For sometime now I have been the target of an ongoing rather vicous
email attack. Anytime I offered an opinion on antennas in this group,
the yahoo synchdetector, swl antenna, r2000 and a few other groups I
have been blitzed. Thursday I was the victum of a Email flood attack.
The mail server barfed with the 1023rd email to me. It was a BAD day.
I got called on the carpet. The email admin people were most unhappy.
I had bailed from all the yahoo groups but Friday my hotmail account
was full. I contacted several friends, most are IT gurus. One is a
clinical shrink. The shrink helped me write posts that would enrage
the cyber stalker. The IT tigger team would backtrack him. At 6:30
we nailed him. I know who he is, where he lives, I know more about
him then I realised you could find out so fast on the net. A good
investigative service only charged me 100$ for data I thought you
needed a court order to obtain.

While I know who, I don't get the "why". The posts that started the
attack and resulted in the most email up until Thursday were about
antennas, and especially the "Doty" antenna which I think is the best
simple wideband HF antenna you can build. Not like I was spouting any
hot topic political issue. Each and every mention of an antenna
would result in a flood of furrious email. Even if I am wrong and
the "doty" antenna is a real POS, it just isn't that big of a deal.
I certainly wasn't making money off the concept. My shrink friend
tells me I just can;t look inside a really warped mind and hope to
understand what drives them or how such actions give any reward.
And the damnable thing is that he won. I removed all my posts from
the yahoo groups, refrained from posting here and the effected groups,
and the attacks continued. We searched and found no posts by this er
person in this or any other group. A silent lurker.

Anyway I wanted to let you all know why I was being such a jerk, and
I will post a lot less and lurk a lot more. I have learned just how
easy it is to torment the living hell out of someone via the net.
I think I have said all that needs to about antennas,so it has been,
while not fun, certainly very interesting and educational. Remember
there are a lot of nuts out there just waiting for someone to fixate
upon. When you voice on unpopular or contraversal topics be aware
there are some real sickies out there.

Take care

Terry

Old September 6th 05, 01:04 AM
FDR

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Yeah, I can see where you are coming from, no sarcasm intended. I think
there's a lot of anger out there and it's easy enough to just get it out on
the intrenet with someone who's anonymous.

Finding your the recipient of a e-mail flood is annoying and grating. Take
it easy man.

Yahoo! radio group "ownership" available Sparky Voltz Shortwave 1 July 7th 05 05:43 AM
Dear Group, An Apology Burr Shortwave 2 September 1st 04 08:59 PM
Shut Up Twisted, Shut Up Rec.radio.cb Betterment League CB 2 November 28th 03 03:08 PM
A great short wave pirates group on internet Alfred Zoer \(A*L*I\) Shortwave 0 October 13th 03 06:06 PM