Old September 8th 05, 03:50 PM

Default Sony ICF-SW100S v.. ICF-SW07

That is something I don't really care for.Radios that have chips (ROM
and whatever) that need to be replaced once in a while to keep them
usefull,and for a fee too? To me,in my opinion,it is sort of like having
to replace parts in a computer or buy a new computer once in a while to
keep updated/upgraded.I prefer my old beat up Goodwill store radios.
cuhulin

Old September 9th 05, 06:35 AM
RHF

The Son brings home his new Sony SW-XXX Radio :
Old September 9th 05, 02:36 PM
Greg

From: "RHF"
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: 8 Sep 2005 22:35:53 -0700
Subject: Sony ICF-SW100S v.. ICF-SW07

The Son brings home his new Sony SW-XXX Radio :
.
Dad - Gee son that Radio is small.
- - - Son - yes but it has bells and whistles,,,
.
Dad - Gee son that Radio is tiny.
- - - Son - yes but it has Bells and Whistles...
.
Dad - Gee son that Radio is almost micro.
- - - Son - yes but it has BELLS and WHISTLES ! ! !
.
a radio should be like a good women...
big enough to put your arms around ~ RHF
. . . . .

....with large knobs!

Greg

Old September 9th 05, 10:59 PM
RHF

Cuhulin - Don't Need No High Price Radios :
Just a Good Radio That Works and
Sounds Sweet to Call My Own ! ~ RHF

Old September 14th 05, 10:21 PM
Stinger

"Vox Populi" wrote in message
Assuming one can still find a 100S, which radio would you buy of the
two?

I have an SW-07, and it is an excellent radio -- probably the best there is
for a miniaturized "traveling" set.

The SW100's had a reputation for wearing out the ribbon cable on the
clamshell hinge apparatus. The SW07's don't have that problem.

-- Stinger