Old September 10th 05, 03:39 PM
m II

Default Just got this email from CCrane

dxAce wrote:

Guess that cherry wood must enhance reception. Think I'll glue a piece on the back of
each one of the Drakes.

Wonder why engineering at Drake never thought of this.

They're not into little pieces of wood. Their radios are more for 'logging'.

mike.
Old September 10th 05, 04:00 PM

Gee,a small piece of Cherry Wood? I can go over to Frierson's building
supply place over there on JR Lynch Road (it's about two miles Southwest
of me) to their cabinet supply department and buy Cherry Wood all day
long and fix up my radios with some Cherry Wood or to any of the other
building supply stores around here,Sutherland's,Home Depot and other
building supply stores.I get email newsletters I subscribed to a few
years ago from Cherry Tree Toys and Home Handyman.
www.cherrytreetoys.com
cuhulin

Old September 10th 05, 04:41 PM
CorbinRay

I wasn't impressed with the original CCRadio. I thought it was way too
expensive, and this smaller and more simple version costs just as much
as I paid for the original one.

Some radios are must-haves for me, but there's nothing I see so far
about the Mini that makes me want one.

Old September 10th 05, 05:23 PM
John S.

Kinda pricey for an AM FM portable radio. I'm surprised that they took
a step back 25 years with the space wasting combined digital and analog
displays. Just what are the "gems inside that turn the Mini CC into a
communications grade radio with infinite adjustments...you have the
option of a background, professional mode". None of the links on the
CC site could provide a list.

So far it is a lot more sizzle than steak.

lsmyer wrote:
September 9, 2005

Mini CC Radio Update

The Mini CC Radio is almost here! Be sure to place your pre-order now to get
an early serial number. Each radio of the first series will have a small
piece of American cherry wood on the back with a custom finish. Bob Crane
added this feature and hand finished each one himself to make every radio
unique.

Item #MCR
Price $149.95

Price includes standard shipping to the Contiguous 48 States.

For more information or to place your order, go to:
http://www.ccrane.com/radios/am-fm-r...090000KA000000
or call us at 1-800-522-8863.

For questions about an order or customer service, please E-mail us at
or call 1-800-522-8863.

Home page: http://www.ccrane.com

Old September 10th 05, 07:22 PM
Jim

i wonder if people are rushing to order a radio that they cant even see
a picture of....... for $150 no less. the lame attempt at mystery wont
sell one to me, at least let me SEE one!

Old September 10th 05, 07:57 PM

Guess that cherry wood must enhance reception. Think I'll glue a piece
on the back of each one of the Drakes.
----------------------------------
I've also found that when you place pieces of cherry inside of a lit
wood stove, it seems to emit some kind of warmth. Isn't cherry jusy
marvelous??

Old September 10th 05, 08:00 PM
dxAce

" wrote:

Guess that cherry wood must enhance reception. Think I'll glue a piece
on the back of each one of the Drakes.
----------------------------------
I've also found that when you place pieces of cherry inside of a lit
wood stove, it seems to emit some kind of warmth. Isn't cherry jusy
marvelous??

It certainly is proving to be an all purpose wood, that's for sure.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old September 10th 05, 09:00 PM
Telamon

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

" wrote:

Guess that cherry wood must enhance reception. Think I'll glue a piece
on the back of each one of the Drakes.
----------------------------------
I've also found that when you place pieces of cherry inside of a lit
wood stove, it seems to emit some kind of warmth. Isn't cherry jusy
marvelous??

It certainly is proving to be an all purpose wood, that's for sure.

At micro wave frequencies you might place pieces of lossy ferrite inside
a module to absorb emitted radiation in order to dampen it so it would
not propagate. Amusingly the wood might work in a similar way if it had
enough water content. It would not work as well as the ferrite though so
I don't expect to open any modules and find wood in them any time soon.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old September 10th 05, 09:37 PM
Beerbarrel

On 10 Sep 2005 11:57:21 -0700, "
wrote:

Guess that cherry wood must enhance reception. Think I'll glue a piece
on the back of each one of the Drakes.
I've also found that when you place pieces of cherry inside of a lit
wood stove, it seems to emit some kind of warmth. Isn't cherry jusy
marvelous??

But the plastic starts to smell...

money lilly CB 2 January 7th 05 03:44 AM
21st Century E-Commerce Money Making Formula NeoOne Antenna 0 January 3rd 05 02:12 AM
HAMS...be aware of the AFRICAN diamond email scam, heres some info and diamond quality scam jack smith General 14 May 7th 04 12:51 AM
Shortwave group.Check up email and maildrop still valid? controle of email / maildrop adres nog geldig is. Alpha Lima Shortwave 1 April 28th 04 03:56 PM