Old September 11th 05, 07:02 AM
m II

David wrote:

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 00:14:46 GMT, "-=jd=-"
wrote:

Oh, I thought you had something *credible*. Instead, you cite an activist
"think-tank" with an anti-bush agenda.

-=jd=-

The Lunatic Right are like the Borg.

http://www.house.gov/judiciary_democ...usrept1505.pdf

I'm starting to believe some people would call Christ himself a liar if
He dared to say Bush was evil.

mike
Old September 11th 05, 04:37 PM
m II

Honus wrote:

Matthew 16:28

That there has to be the weirdest calibre o' cartridge I'se ever dun seen.

dxAce
Old September 11th 05, 05:01 PM

OK, let's give these loony lefties Ohio, Tell us how Bush would have
lost the nation as a whole?

Old September 11th 05, 06:40 PM
clifto

m II wrote:
I'm starting to believe some people would call Christ himself a liar if
He dared to say Bush was evil.

It's certain that some would call Him a liar if he said that Bush wasn't
evil. But most of them don't believe in Christ anyway. Their religion
is called the Democratic Party.

Old September 11th 05, 07:59 PM
David

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 17:43:21 GMT, "-=jd=-"
wrote:

On Sat 10 Sep 2005 10:51:21p, David wrote in message
:

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 01:01:10 GMT, Greg wrote:

Not one medical rescue pilot can be found to corroborate these stories
about people firing on them.

Either civilian or military. Yet, the main-stream media ran with rumors. At
one point, the AP was reporting that the refugees were "feeding on the
corpses"... That was the "Associated Press"... The media should be taken to
task over their unprofessionalism. Though, they will likely get a pass as
long as they continue following the Bush-bashing template.

-=jd=-

Here's a clue. Turn off the TV sound and put on some Slayer. Just
watch the pictures.

Old September 12th 05, 12:04 AM
Greg

From: "-=jd=-"
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 17:40:40 GMT
Subject: OT How I spent my summer vacation

On Sat 10 Sep 2005 09:01:10p, Greg wrote in
message :

From: "-=jd=-"
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 22:52:44 GMT

Limit damage my foot - more like propagate lies, misrepresentations,
distortions and compete fabrications. The main-stream media stands the
distinct chance of being accused of yelling FIRE in the proverbial
crowded theater. They have done an exceedingly horrible job of
reporting the facts of this disaster to the point of criminal
malfeasance. They have been more concerned with trying to out-dramatize
each other and some were running with any unsubstantiated rumor they
heard. Part of what they were reporting may have hampered or slowed
rescue efforts. Case in point, as of a few days ago, when they were
trying to find one for a follow-up interview, no ATC's or pilots could
be found to validate they were fired upon by looters. Yet, we heard
reports from multiple news agencies that looters were firing on the
choppers. This pathetic, self-serving yellow journalism may also
explain how the media mis-reported the relief and rescue response in
the first few days.

-=jd=-
--

A quick, random sampling:

One ambulance official overseeing the airlift rescue operations said a
gunshot was fired at a military helicopter over the Superdome before
daybreak.

A report that cannot be verified, according to the FAA ATC's who control the
airspace...

"We have suspended operations until they gain control of the Superdome,"
said Richard Zeuschlag, head of Acadian Ambulance, which was handling
the evacuation of sick and injured people from the building.
xxx.foxnews.com
Friday, September 02, 2005

There is one example of rescue operations being suspended due to unverified
reports.

But some Federal Emergency Management rescue operations were suspended
in areas where gunfire has broken out, Homeland Security spokesman Russ
Knocke said in Washington.

Is this about helicopters being shot at -or- gang-wars on the ground?

³In areas where our employees have been determined to potentially be in
danger, we have pulled back,² he said.

Again, is this about helicopters being shot at -or- gang-wars on the ground?

³Hospitals are trying to evacuate,² said Coast Guard Lt Cmdr Cheri
Ben-Iesan, spokesman at the city emergency operations centre. ³At every
one of them, there are reports that as the helicopters come in people
are shooting at them. There are people just taking pot-shots at police
and at helicopters, telling them: ŒYou better come get my family¹.²

Another example of rescue operations being suspended due to unverified
reports. "...there are reports..." from who? Again, FAA ATC can find no
pilots or controllers to confirm any helicopters (either civilian or
military) were fired upon. Yet, here you provide evidence that those
anonymous, unconfirmed reports impacted rescue operations.

But the ambulance service in charge of taking the sick and injured from
the Superdome suspended flights after a shot was reported fired at a
military helicopter. Richard Zuschlag, chief of Acadian Ambulance, said
it had become too dangerous for his pilots.

Another example of rescue operations being suspended due to unverified,
unconfirmed reports. "...a shot was reported fired..." from who? Again, FAA
ATC can find no pilots or controllers to confirm any helicopters (either
civilian or military) were fired upon. Yet, here you provide evidence that
those anonymous, unconfirmed reports impacted rescue operations.

The military, which was overseeing the removal of the able-bodied by
buses, continued the ground evacuation without interruption, said
National Guard Lt Col Pete Schneider.
The government had no immediate confirmation of whether a military
helicopter was fired on.

So here we have officials with the Nat Guard basically wondering what all the
hub-bub was about and continuing to do their job - not panicking over rumors.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/2005/09/01/story218818.html
01/09/2005 - 19:07:09

Looks to me like the media was reporting what officials were saying.

Looks to me that we have everyone, except the military officials, panicking
over unconfirmed rumors. Where did the rumors propagate from? Well, we can
say without hesitation that it wasn't the military. It wasn't the FAA/ATC's.
One would think that if a pilot knew he was being fired upon, certainly he
would have the presence of mind to key his radio and broadcast that
interesting little tid-bit. If he did, no other pilot or ATC has yet admitted
to hearing it...

Ditto with the slow relief efforts - quotes from officials, victims.
Criminal?

Not at all what I was talking about. I was mentioning the distinct
possibility that the media reports based on wholly unconfirmed rumor may have
impacted rescue efforts. I made no mention of the overal relief response.

Blame the messenger? Hell, you're accusing the messengers of
crimes. How disingenuous. The media is where you get all your
information, whether it be "liberal", "mainstream", "alternative" or
"conservative" media.

How disingenuous? Did you not bother to read the info you posted? You've
provided further information in support of my concern! LOL! If the main-
stream media were knowingly and willingly irresponsible in their reporting,
then they share in the liability, if their yellow journalism impacted rescue
efforts. This isn't blaming the messenger, this is holding them responsible
for *inventing* news instead of *reporting* news. If they are reporting
unverified, unconfirmed rumors as fact (with a complete lack of caveats) then
they are wrong. The right to free speech does not include shouting "FIRE" in
a crowded theater...

You must feel really stupid.

I feel just fine. How do you feel after posting information that further
bolsters the concern I raised?

-=jd=-
--

I forgot how confused you get. Let me simplify: The media wasn't spreading
rumors. They were reporting what officials were saying. There is a

Can you hear me now?

Greg

Old September 12th 05, 01:25 AM
Carter-K8VT

Brian Hill wrote:
"-=jd=-" wrote in message

Hey, hey, hey! I for one don't mind the entertainment.

-=jd=-
--

It's only possible around here with your prowess for the spoken word against
the idiots jd.

B.H.

CAUTION: Blatant Ass Kissing above
Old September 12th 05, 01:33 AM
dxAce

Carter-K8VT wrote:

Brian Hill wrote:
"-=jd=-" wrote in message

Hey, hey, hey! I for one don't mind the entertainment.

-=jd=-
--

It's only possible around here with your prowess for the spoken word against
the idiots jd.

B.H.

CAUTION: Blatant Ass Kissing above

Are you jealous that you're not getting to kiss some, 'tard boy?

LMAO at the boy who can't find his way back to an *amateur* group.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old September 12th 05, 02:11 AM

Give the loonie lefties California and Oregon.Wait,those loonie lefties
have already taken over California and Oregon and most of New England
too.
cuhulin

Old September 12th 05, 02:18 AM

The Helicopter Pilots and Maintance people check those Helicopters over
in and out very carefully,so they would know if any Helicopters had been
fired upon.
cuhulin