Old September 16th 05, 04:46 AM
m II

Frank Dresser wrote:
"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

[snip]

They're talking about needing more spectrum for comms.

[snip]

I have no doubt your story is true, but you've left out the decisive
element. As a reader of rec.radio.shortwave, I cannot be expected to know
what I think until I know who I'm cheering/blaming. So, who is responsible
for this sharp-minded perspicuity/evasion? The Republicrats or the
Democans?

Frank Dresser

Dempublicrats?

mike
Old September 16th 05, 05:02 AM

Maybe it's five hundred hours,,, staying aloft,, Jet
Aircraft.Whichever,I am Right,as usual.Anyway,that reminds me,I am going
and read www.steynonline.com and I need to email Ruiari Roddy
(Ruiari is pronounced,Rewery as in,Brewery) over there at the
Cork,Ireland,Examiner online newspaper about something and email Barb
(Barbara) over there in Buckhead,Georgia.
cuhulin

Old September 16th 05, 05:05 AM

dempublicrats,,, That's a Good One,m II.You nailed it.But,they
(so-called "republicans") are also liberals and bushbuttkisses too.
cuhulin

Old September 16th 05, 05:07 AM

m II,may I coin your,demplublicrats,once in a while?
cuhulin

Old September 16th 05, 05:12 AM

Ther are denser than a fifty billion billion billion trillion trillion
trillion sextrillion ton block of solid Lead.
cuhulin

Old September 16th 05, 05:37 AM
an_old_friend

In emergencies,They could use Airplanes that have communicating
equipment or Blimps.In World War Two,some of the Swiss people used big
balloons that had their antennas mounted onto the balloons. (or maybe
the lines were the antennas) I don't remember if they used helium or
hydrogen to get the balloons up into the air.They had the lines of the
balloons attached to big wooden homemade reels.They would let the
balloons go up into the air and when they were through doing their
transmitting or receiving of broadcast,they would reel the balloons back
down.I read about that in a Saga or Bluebook for Men or a True magazine
(I don't remember which magazine it was) back in the 1950's so I might
not have all of the details of the article in the magazine exactly
right.It has been about 55 years ago since I read that article in the
magazine.
cuhulin

Had to be Hydrogen (or Hot air) The USA had the sole sources of
Comercail Helium and we would not seel it much abroad after all it was
clear airship were going to be vital in the next big war The result was
of Hidenburg burned because it used Hydrogen

Old September 16th 05, 06:10 AM

I don't think anybody really knew why the Hindenburg really caught on
fire and exploded.I haven't ever seen or read anything about that before
that convinced me one way or the other.
cuhulin

Old September 17th 05, 01:08 AM
Honus

wrote in message
I don't think anybody really knew why the Hindenburg really caught on
fire and exploded.I haven't ever seen or read anything about that before
that convinced me one way or the other.
cuhulin

Not that you'll bother reading it...or the myriad of others on the net
similar to it:

http://www.hydrogenus.com/advocate/ad22zepp.htm

This article is pretty neat, too:

Old September 17th 05, 02:18 AM

Interesting articles.So perhaps it was the fabric covering of the
Hindenburg that caught fire.
cuhulin