Old September 27th 05, 03:04 AM

Default RAE ARGENTINA

An EXCEPTIONAL signal from RAE Argentina this evening on 11710 khz.
Check it out.

Old September 27th 05, 03:06 AM
Jim Hackett

You MUST be on the East coast. I can hear it here in Ca. But that's about
it...

oups.com...

Old September 27th 05, 03:24 AM

Yep, I'm in Brooklyn, NY. It's a very listenable signal here....best in
a long time from them.

Steve

Old September 27th 05, 04:48 AM
Jim Hackett

11,710 MHz would hardly be in the shortwave spectrum...

"Telamon" wrote in message
..
..
In article .com,
wrote:

Yep, I'm in Brooklyn, NY. It's a very listenable signal here....best in
a long time from them.

Do you mean 11,710 MHz?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old September 27th 05, 05:25 PM
Mark Zenier

In article .com,
wrote:
Yep, I'm in Brooklyn, NY. It's a very listenable signal here....best in
a long time from them.

So then it's following the greyline. This time of year, the greyline
from the West Coast to the Southern Hemisphere might cover Easter Island,
and not a whole lot else.

Mark Zenier

Old September 27th 05, 07:59 PM
Stewart Mackenzie

Radio Argentina Al Exterior comes in here ay a very good level between
2200-0400 GMT with a lot of good music Brasil on 11780 between 2300-2400 GMT
comes in good too with music. RAE also comes in with good signals around 1800
GMT on 15345 with plenty of Spanish music. Check out both frequencies often.

Stewart H. MacKenzie, WDX6AA
"World Friendship Through Shortwave Radio Where Culture and Language Come
Alive!"

Old September 27th 05, 08:02 PM
bpnjensen

Jim Hackett Sep 26, 7:06 pm wrote:

You MUST be on the East coast. I can hear it here in Ca. But that's about

it...

Jim and I both share a SF Bay general location, I believe. RAE has
never been strong for me either, although it was better a few years
ago, even when its freq was wacko and its audio screwy. Brazil on
11780, OTOH, always bangs in here L&C.

Bruce Jensen

Old September 27th 05, 09:14 PM
bpnjensen

I'll give that one [Brazil] a try if you have a brodcast time..

OK - right around 0000z (5 pm PDT) onward is when I typically have
started hearing it, but it may be on before that.

Note - 100% Portuguese(!) but fun to listen to - more like commercial
radio in many respects. I think they use 250 kW, so it isn't really a
DX station.

Have fun!
Bruce Jensen

BBC World Service increases its presence in Argentina Mike Terry Shortwave 0 November 10th 04 10:45 PM
RAE Argentina Steve Shortwave 4 October 12th 04 01:28 AM
Radio Argentina dxAce Shortwave 1 July 12th 04 07:15 PM
RAE Argentina 15344.9 N8KDV Shortwave 2 February 4th 04 02:38 AM
JVP Argentina antennas - performance? Eike Lantzsch, ZP6CGE Antenna 0 November 1st 03 06:13 PM