Old October 3rd 05, 08:27 PM
dxace1

Default R7 Headed UP

This R7 is headed for a record price for an Ebay
sale.

Amazing commentary on value of these fantastic receivers.
From my scanning of R7 Ebay items over the past year, value

for these on average is now up well past $1300 or more for
specimens in excellent condition, with R7As fetching even
higher:

Old October 3rd 05, 08:34 PM
dxAce

dxace1 wrote:

This R7 is headed for a record price for an Ebay
sale.

Amazing commentary on value of these fantastic receivers.
From my scanning of R7 Ebay items over the past year, value

for these on average is now up well past $1300 or more for
specimens in excellent condition, with R7As fetching even
higher:

Interesting as well is the fact that no one knows what filters are installed,
nor whether the NB or AUX-7 is installed.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old October 3rd 05, 09:12 PM

Hmmm. If I won this receiver, I could just drive up to CT and pick it
up, and by the end of the day it would be sitting right here in my
living room.

A nice daydream, but it's more than I can afford at the moment.
Beautiful receiver, though I'm disturbed by the seller's ignorance
regarding the filters, NB, etc. That would definitely stop me from
paying top dollar.

There's really only been one time when I threw caution to the wind on
Ebay, and that was when I was bidding on a 7030+ that was put up for
auction by a well-known SWLer who often works at Universal Radio. He
was able to answer all my questions and I knew I could trust him. It's
rare that one can bid with this sort of confidence.

Steve

Old October 3rd 05, 09:56 PM
David

On 3 Oct 2005 12:27:57 -0700, "dxace1" wrote:

This R7 is headed for a record price for an Ebay
sale.

Amazing commentary on value of these fantastic receivers.
From my scanning of R7 Ebay items over the past year, value

for these on average is now up well past $1300 or more for
specimens in excellent condition, with R7As fetching even
higher:

Eek. Mechanical bandswitch...

Old October 3rd 05, 10:02 PM
dxAce

David wrote:

On 3 Oct 2005 12:27:57 -0700, "dxace1" wrote:

This R7 is headed for a record price for an Ebay
sale.

Amazing commentary on value of these fantastic receivers.
From my scanning of R7 Ebay items over the past year, value

for these on average is now up well past $1300 or more for
specimens in excellent condition, with R7As fetching even
higher:

Eek. Mechanical bandswitch...

Yeah, pretty much beyond your capabilities to operate, right stem? That and it's
actually a shortwave receiver...

Eek? 'Tard boy squeak?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old October 3rd 05, 10:47 PM

Find another band.The Hustler,Jackie Gleason,Paul Newman movie is on the
Fox Movie Channel on tb (tb,Dennis the Menance,tb) now.
cuhulin

Old October 3rd 05, 11:06 PM
David

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 17:02:42 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

David wrote:

On 3 Oct 2005 12:27:57 -0700, "dxace1" wrote:

This R7 is headed for a record price for an Ebay
sale.

Amazing commentary on value of these fantastic receivers.
From my scanning of R7 Ebay items over the past year, value
for these on average is now up well past $1300 or more for
specimens in excellent condition, with R7As fetching even
higher:

Eek. Mechanical bandswitch...

Yeah, pretty much beyond your capabilities to operate, right stem? That and it's
actually a shortwave receiver...

Eek? 'Tard boy squeak?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I have the same radios as you, Dickead.

Old October 3rd 05, 11:10 PM
dxAce

wrote:

David wrote:

On 3 Oct 2005 12:27:57 -0700, "dxace1" wrote:

This R7 is headed for a record price for an Ebay
sale.

Amazing commentary on value of these fantastic receivers.
From my scanning of R7 Ebay items over the past year, value
for these on average is now up well past $1300 or more for
specimens in excellent condition, with R7As fetching even
higher:

Eek. Mechanical bandswitch...

Yeah, pretty much beyond your capabilities to operate, right stem? That and it's
actually a shortwave receiver...

Eek? 'Tard boy squeak?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I have the same radios as you, Dickead.

Dickead? Damn, you've certainly more than just an antenna problem.

The same huh? That's nice I suppose, but do you actually know how to use them?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old October 3rd 05, 11:17 PM

I own at least over two hundred radios.(probally more like over three
hundred radios,,, I never counted noses before) You probally don't own
so much as one single one of the radios like I own.And,I am not going to
go to the trouble of digging them out (you can't see the tree for the
forest) of my foot lockers,my closets,my wash room,my den,my old shed in
my back yard,scattered all over in every room (even my bathroom and
kitchen too) of my house for you to compare.I have gotten wayyyyy too
fat and lazy to even think about it.I sent some money to somebody early
this afternoon,today for a radio.
cuhulin

Old October 4th 05, 12:19 AM
Dale Parfitt

"David" wrote in message
On 3 Oct 2005 12:27:57 -0700, "dxace1" wrote:

This R7 is headed for a record price for an Ebay
sale.

Amazing commentary on value of these fantastic receivers.
From my scanning of R7 Ebay items over the past year, value

for these on average is now up well past $1300 or more for
specimens in excellent condition, with R7As fetching even
higher:

Eek. Mechanical bandswitch...

Properly maintained, that bandswitch will outlive the mechanical encoders in
today's radios.
Sold my R7 and NB ( no add filters) for $600 6 years back. Although it was a
nice RX and had better PBT than today's RX, I really do not miss it.
Now, the Davco DR-30, will be buried with me:
http://www.miami.muohio.edu/presiden...vers/davco.htm
Dale W4OP