Old October 27th 05, 11:28 PM
RHF

Default Using the Sony ICF-SW7600GR Radio with the Sony AN-LP1 Active Shortwave Loop Antenna

John S.

So it looks like we are in disagreement again.

Here is my 'opinion' based on my personal experience using the
Sony ICF-SW7600GR 'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Radios by itself;
with a 23 Foot Roll-Up / Reel-Up "Portable" Shortwave Antenna;
and the Sony AN-LP1 Active Shortwave Loop Antenna

1. The Sony AN-LP1 Active Shortwave Loop Antenna is "Tunable"
(Pre-Selector) and can easily be place in a location (window)
for the 'best reception' = Strongest Signals and Lowest Noise.

2. The Sony AN-LP1 Active Shortwave Loop Antenna works well
for a Traveler who only has a Hotel/Motel Window as their
"Gateway" to the World of Shortwave Radio.

3. The Sony AN-LP1 Active Shortwave Loop Antenna can also work
well for some Shortwave Listener's who live in Apartments and
Condos and are very limited in using any type of OutSide
{Random Wire} Shortwave Antennas.

4. Most of the time those little 23 Foot Roll-Up / Reel-Up
"Portable" Shortwave Antennas that come with many 'portable'
AM/FM Shortwave Radios do not perform as well as the Sony
AN-LP1 Active Shortwave Loop Antenna. This is whether you
Plug the Sony AN-LP1 Active Shortwave Loop Antenna into the
Radio's External Antenna 1/8" Jack or simply Clip-It-On to
the Radio's Whip Antenna.

5. For Shortwave Listening (SWL) the combination of the
Sony AN-LP1 Active Shortwave Loop Antenna and the Sony
ICF-SW7600GR Radio usually works better then using the
Radio by itself.

TBL - Yes the Sony AN-LP1 Active Shortwave Loop Antenna does amplify
the Noise along with the Signal. But when you can not Hear them :
Then something is better then nothing. Not a perfect solution but
simply better than most other available or permitted options.

iane ~ RHF
Old October 28th 05, 01:33 AM
Drifter

Default FS on ebay - Sony ICF-SW7600GR Radio & Sony AN-LP1 Active LoopAntenna

2. People have reported good results with it using the 7600GR.

good call Telamon. i use the an-lp1 in my car when i'm on the road.
i hang the loop near a window, off the rag top. never tried it on
a hard top. works better than the whip. and road noise isn't too bad.
i have 2 here, and i feel it's a good buy. this time last year, when
the word went around, that Sony was to stop making them, i saw the
an-lp1 go on ebay up to $150. another poster on this gp owns 4 of them.
Good DX...

Drifter...

*on*the*fringe*of*Pittsburgh*
Old October 28th 05, 03:37 AM
RHF

Drifter,

Sony ICF-SW7600GR 'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Radios
and the Sony AN-LP1 Active Shortwave Loop Antenna

The combination-of-the-two make for good traveling companions.

Place the Radio on the Table or Nightstand and next
Hook the Loop Antenna on the Window; and then
Connect the two togther and you are ready to listen.

The Radio and the Loop and a few other accessories
all fit into a Men's Travel Kit Bag = http://tinyurl.com/due8g

yes it is as simple as that - iane ~ RHF
Old October 28th 05, 04:22 AM

On 27 Oct 2005 19:37:05 -0700, "RHF"
wrote:

Drifter,

Sony ICF-SW7600GR 'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Radios
and the Sony AN-LP1 Active Shortwave Loop Antenna

The combination-of-the-two make for good traveling companions.

Place the Radio on the Table or Nightstand and next
Hook the Loop Antenna on the Window; and then
Connect the two togther and you are ready to listen.

The Radio and the Loop and a few other accessories
all fit into a Men's Travel Kit Bag = http://tinyurl.com/due8g

yes it is as simple as that - iane ~ RHF
.

Though I have not used the AN-LP1 antenna I do have a 7600G and find
it a good travel radio, actually a good radio period (in it's class).

I checked out the link and almost choked when I read the price -
$79.95 for a leather bag seems too rich a choice for either it's
intended purpose or for use in protecting the radio. For those
seeking a means of carrying their portable and some accessories, I
suggest Bagmaster https://www.bagmaster.com/index.htm and their
rectangular pistol pouches. These items have padding, an accessory
pocket and magazine pouches that could be put to use to hold pens &
pencils, a penlight, notepad etc. They are made of 'ballistic nylon'
and the largest size is about $36.

Old October 28th 05, 05:38 AM

Default FS on ebay - Sony ICF-SW7600GR Radio & Sony AN-LP1 Active Loop...

Check out the Wal Mart and similar stores and camera stores for tote
bags.Also your local area thrift stores.
cuhulin

Old October 28th 05, 10:47 AM
Drifter

yes it is as simple as that - iane ~ RHF

ah-OK. been doing this for too many years, but, thanks for reaffirming
this for me. i like/ use the universal tote/ radio bag. from our good
friends at Universal Radio. even has their logo on it. was made for
the Sony 2010; zippered main; and 1 velcro-1 open pockets. carries
about all you need in one bag, and padded with shoulder strap. my first
one has been all over the world with me. i have a number of them now.
they also have the medal/ small case with cut-to-fit foam inside. check
out their web site. BTW- RHF, good luck on the kiwa loop. i would
like to have one in my collection, but, not at the prices ebay brings.
maybe after i retire. and; "I ain't no Elmer either"......
Good DX...
Drifter...

*on*the*fringe*of*Pittsburgh*
Old October 28th 05, 01:32 PM
John S.

RHF wrote:
[...]

You could very well be correct. This may in-fact be THE one portable
amplified antenna that is able to deliver signals that could not be
gotten with either the whip antenna or a simple wire antenna strung
around a window. My experience with many other wunder-antennas has been
that they are little more than a gadgety external volume control. After
turning one or more knobs all signals get equally louder, but nothing
magically pops out of the mud.

I've taken a variety of (mostly Sony) shortwave portables on trips over
the years and have found that a simple wire strung around the hotel
room window will gather a lot of signals in a less then perfect
listening environment.

I may be wrong....and if I find one cheap enough I just might try it.
But not at the going prices.

Old October 28th 05, 04:21 PM

Default Using the Sony ICF-SW7600GR Radio with the Sony AN-LP1 ActiveS...

www.devilfinder.com Build your own amplified radio antenna and null
out unwanted noise

Seems to me in this modern technology age,there should be a way to build
a very good amplified antenna without the unwanted noise.How do
amplified antennas work anyway,do they boost the radio signals?
cuhulin