Old November 5th 05, 05:59 PM

Default HiFer at ~13.55765MHz

On~13.55765MHz at about 17:56Z on 2005 11 05 I recieved a HiFer station
running a
simple CW "HI" ider.

Anyone else hear it?
Anyone want to claim it?

I am getrting it a little over S1. I have my "far field" calibratordown
for some upgrading and
was shocked to hear this. This is my first HiFer, other then my own
local, ~1M ~1.5KM,
test setup.

Terry

Old November 6th 05, 01:19 AM
Dale Parfitt

wrote in message
oups.com...
On~13.55765MHz at about 17:56Z on 2005 11 05 I recieved a HiFer station
running a
simple CW "HI" ider.

Anyone else hear it?
Anyone want to claim it?

I am getrting it a little over S1. I have my "far field" calibratordown
for some upgrading and
was shocked to hear this. This is my first HiFer, other then my own
local, ~1M ~1.5KM,
test setup.

Terry

Hi Terry,
Last time I listened, there were at least 10 stations up there- some as loud
as 579, other only copyable via QRSS software.

Dale W4OP

Old November 7th 05, 12:57 AM

Dale Parfitt wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
On~13.55765MHz at about 17:56Z on 2005 11 05 I recieved a HiFer station
running a
simple CW "HI" ider.

Anyone else hear it?
Anyone want to claim it?

I am getrting it a little over S1. I have my "far field" calibratordown
for some upgrading and
was shocked to hear this. This is my first HiFer, other then my own
local, ~1M ~1.5KM,
test setup.

Terry

Hi Terry,
Last time I listened, there were at least 10 stations up there- some as loud
as 579, other only copyable via QRSS software.

Dale W4OP

+++++++++++++++++
This morning at 8:45 the local power substation crashed , and burned,
and we
were without power for 4 hours. Got some serious DXing in and copied
several
other stations on ~13.560MHz. I have a slight residual noise floor from
power
lines and it was a very cool day , nice for DXing. Kind of a
mini-DXpediton
without leaving home. My wife cooked some steaks on the grill and we
enjoyed
it.

Even the DX398 was impresive coupled to a decent antenna.

It was so quite RF wise I could hear igniton static from cars on the
nearest "major" highway about 1500' away.

I love it when this happens!

I want to get rich and move 20 miles from anyone.

Terry

Old November 7th 05, 01:59 AM

I own a half acre of land in Putnam County,Florida.(North Florida) It is
sort of out in the sticks.I got a card in my snail mail last Friday from
somebody in Georgia whom wants to buy my half acre in Florida.I get them
kinds of snail mails every once in a while about my half acre in
Florida,but it is not for sale.
cuhulin

Old November 7th 05, 04:50 AM

Terry - "HI" is out of Connecticut and I've been hearing it on and off
here for about a year. I received a nice verification letter from the
owner after reporting his signal some time ago. There are a few others
using QRSS rather than straight CW in this band. I've copied a couple
of others but can't remember the ID's. Check the LWCA site for a
listing of the beacons here. I used Spectran on my computer to detect
the QRSS signals. Try checking for "A" on 2.0974 MHz. ID is every 8
seconds.

Frank