Old November 11th 05, 06:16 AM
Bill Carter

Default Edmund Fitzgerald - Thirtieth Anniversary

"jon" wrote in message
oups.com...
Greetings Frank! Thanks for the great off topic post on the wrestling
history. I loved to watch the Crusher and the Bruiser

Howabout Haystacks Calhoon and Leaping Lary Shane

Old November 11th 05, 06:34 AM

Back in the 1950's (that's back when wrestling was real) my old buddy
and I went to see a wrestling match at the old Coloseium on Pascagoula
Street in beautifull down town Jackson.y'all ever heard of Gorgeous
George before? That was the only wrestling match I ever went to
see.So-called wrestling nowdays is as phoney as phoney can be.
cuhulin

Old November 11th 05, 07:01 AM
m II

Frank Dresser wrote:

"Listen up, you turkeynecks. One of the most memorable characters ever in
wrestling has died. Or more correctly, gone to the big beer hall in the sky
to start raising hell again with Dick the Bruiser. All praise The Crusher,
dead Saturday at age 79. "

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/...3/1275272.html

Right up there with Killer Kowalski and Sweet Daddy Siki

mike
Old November 11th 05, 06:04 PM
dxAce

Mark Zenier wrote:

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Nice tune. But he's a Canuck.

So is Pamela Anderson.

That explains a lot.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old November 11th 05, 07:11 PM

I was drifting off to sleep last night and there was a guest speaker guy
talking to George Noory about the Edmund Fitzgerald Ship and some other
Ships that sank on www.coasttocoastam.com The guy gave out this
website several times. www.edmundfitzgerald.com
cuhulin

Old November 11th 05, 08:00 PM
Ron Hardin

If you like the song, try Bernard Bolan's ``Not Many Fish'' which resembles it
musically

I have it up somewhere. mmm...

$ grep bolan mindspring* rhhardin*
mindspring:-rw-rw-r-- 1 ftp ftp 325273 Feb 19 2002 bolan.fish.ra

try http://rhhardin.home.mindspring.com/bolan.fish.ram

--
Ron Hardin

Old November 12th 05, 01:07 AM
Dan Say

Bill Carter wrote:
But the Edmund Fitzgerald Ship is still down there in the
lake,isn't it?
Yes, it is.
dxAce Michigan

520 feet down, in two pieces with the taconite cargo
strewn on the
lake floor between them. Ten years ago, the bell was brought
up, cleaned,
and is now in a memorial display at Whitefish Point. A replica
bell was cast from bronze, inscribed with the names of the
captain and 28
crewmembers, and lowered to the ships deck. It is a permanent
gravesight, and will not be disturbed - by law - from
henceforth.

Tony

Linkname: SS Edmund Fitzgerald - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
size: 296 lines

Sub-Link that you currently have selected
Linkname: The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald Song
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wre...und_Fitzgerald

--
-\_,-~-\___...__._._._._._._._._._._._.
For real Dxing,

Old November 12th 05, 02:30 AM
Tony Meloche

Mark Zenier wrote:
In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Nice tune. But he's a Canuck.

So is Pamela Anderson.

So was the finest man I ever knew - my father.

Tony

Old November 12th 05, 02:50 AM
Beerbarrel

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 21:30:43 -0500, Tony Meloche
wrote:

Mark Zenier wrote:
In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Nice tune. But he's a Canuck.

So is Pamela Anderson.

So was the finest man I ever knew - my father.

Tony

Hey! I know him!

Usenet Loser List
mII and ole boney!, Peter Wieck, David
David (call me at home) Stinson, Steven Dinius, Ken G
Sylvain Vanier, Honus, John Barnard, M