Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 11th 05, 05:48 PM

Default Trade HF transceiver for Kenwood R-5000 shortwave rcvr

Just a thought about the R-5000: when I look at archives from rrsw
about the '5000 I see many people commenting about it being a good
receiver but "old technology." Except for lack of synch detection
(which can be added through an SE-3) and any type of DSP (which, from
what I've read and heard samples of in the NRD-545, isn't a perfect
tool), what's so "old tech" about it? I still think its a great
receiver for both dxing and program listening (nice audio).

wrote:
I have a near mint Cubic 102BXA HF transceiver and matching
speaker/power supply that I would trade for a like condition R-5000
Kenwood shortwave receiver. The Cubic works perfectly, and is in
excellent cosmetic and electrical condition. You may read about this
fine rig he

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/798

This transceiver was built to military standards, as Cubic provided the
U.S. Military with a lot of equipment during this period. The build
quality is excellent, and reliability is very good. A unique basspand
tuning system makes this rig a great performer on both SSB and CW. Take
a look at the actual radio he

www.members.aol.com/mgaluvr/cubic102bxa

This unit comes boxed in two cartons, one for the transceiver and the
other for the power supply/speaker, with heavy protective foam,
original instruction manual, and power cord. Microphone is not
included, but will work with practically any standard type high
impedence mike. Guaranteed not to be DOA...this transceiver is fully
operational and very nice. Take a look at the photo....additional info
upon request...just email me. I am not interested in selling this
rig...a trade is preferred. Thanks....Bill