Old November 12th 05, 06:28 PM
Henry Kolesnik

Default Ft. Wayne Hamfest Items

Weather permitting I'll be going from Tulsa, OK to the Ft. Wayne Ind.
hamfest on Nov. 18 & 19 as I've got to reduce my ham gear collection. I
plan on bringing as many heavy items that I can get in the car because I
don't want to eBay them as they're too much trouble to pack. I'll bring
whatever I can that generates interest via this email. I'd like to rent a
van but that's $150.00 more expense and I figure it'll cost me $500 to go!
Most of the stuff has been in storage for about 10 years and most of it
worked when put up. I haven't priced the stuff yet but I want to get as
much as I can reasonably close to going market price, so I can get my
expenses back. If I can't I'll bring it back and eBay the stuff.
Here's what I have:
Several Collins 75A-1, 75A-2, 75A-3 and 75A-4.
A heavily moded 75A-4,
A 30L-1, and 30S-1 but the 30S will take too much space.
And a couple of R-390A and 651S-1
Drake L4B, L7, L75.
Hammurlund HQ-170 I have 2, one has a clock, HQ-180 with clock
Heathkit HL-2200, SB 220, SB-200, SS-9000
Hallicrafters SX-28, SX-62, HT-33B, R45/ARR-7 I have several 28s
Gonset 3323
Swan linears Mark I, Mark II and 6B
National NC-183D, NC-303, NC-400.
Since I'm not getting a van I'll bring only 8 to 10 and try to maximze my
cash.
I plan to drive up in 2 days leaving Tulsa Nov. 17 and going via
Springfield, MO, St. Louis, Indianapolis and Ft. Wayne and could meet
anywhere along the way.
Let me know.
tnx

--

73
Hank WD5JFR

Old November 13th 05, 01:19 AM
Henry Kolesnik

try 860 miles each way at whatever they charge for mileage...
Hank
wrote in message
Have you thought about renting a van to haul your gear? And you can lock
your radios and things in a van so they will be out of sight too.Around
here,vans rent for $19.95 per day.Good Luck on your Hamfest trip to
Ft.Wayne.
cuhulin

Old November 13th 05, 02:21 AM

675 miles from Tulsa,Oklahoma to Fort Wayne,Indiana.
www.devilfinder.com Find Distance (Indo.com link) Anyway,whether you
use your car or rent a van,it will still cost you gas money.You can
sleep in a van too.I have traveled many places (including Mexico too)
and slept in my van.Save that hotel/motel money for something else.
cuhulin

Old November 13th 05, 03:57 AM
Henry Kolesnik

I wish it were 675, I,ve driven it twice om the Interstates and I can tell
you it's over 850.

--

73
Hank WD5JFR

Old November 13th 05, 04:56 AM

I just now checked the mileage and driving time map in the back of my
Rand McNally Road Atlas and it shows from Tulsa to Springfield,Missouri
is 183 miles and from Springfield to St.Louis is 208 miles and from
St.Louis to Indianapolis is 246 miles and from Indianapolis to Fort
Wayne is 132 miles.I live in Jackson,Mississippi and from Jackson to
Chicago is 757 miles and that is wayyyyy over yonder at Lake Michigan.
cuhulin

Old November 13th 05, 09:57 PM
Henry Kolesnik

I'll record the actual mileage and if you want to know it I'll send it to
you. I'll be back 11/20 afternoon.
Hank

Old November 13th 05, 10:06 PM

Oh well,It's a lonnggg wayyy to Tipperrraryyyyy,,,,,,,
cuhulin

Old November 13th 05, 11:27 PM
Henry Kolesnik

over 850 if my memory serve me right