Old November 13th 05, 09:46 PM
ryan

Default icom r 75 external

hi all. does anyone here have an icom r75 using the sweet sound speaker
as an external? how are they together?
Old November 13th 05, 10:50 PM

ryan wrote:
hi all. does anyone here have an icom r75 using the sweet sound speaker
as an external? how are they together?

Hmm. refine your question a bit?

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...+sound+speaker

Not a Hi Fi Box..

Computer speakers work just dandy !

Old November 13th 05, 10:06 PM
ryan

In article . com,
wrote:

ryan wrote:
hi all. does anyone here have an icom r75 using the sweet sound speaker
as an external? how are they together?

Hmm. refine your question a bit?

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...D,GGLD:2004-31
,GGLD:en&q=sweet+sound+speaker

Not a Hi Fi Box..

Computer speakers work just dandy !

arggh i meant the sounds sweet speaker http://www.soundssweet.com

jim just looking for a little larger speaker to reduze the listener
fatigue i get from the tiny internal on the R75..might just go with
a larger comp speakers afterall.

regards
Old November 14th 05, 11:48 AM
Frank Dresser

"ryan" wrote in message

arggh i meant the sounds sweet speaker http://www.soundssweet.com

jim just looking for a little larger speaker to reduze the listener
fatigue i get from the tiny internal on the R75..might just go with
a larger comp speakers afterall.

regards

Check out the thrift stores. My local Salvation Army store sells unpaired
stereo speakers from $3 to $10 or so. There's often some very suitable ones
there.

Frank Dresser

Old November 13th 05, 11:41 PM
Drifter

hi all. does anyone here have an icom r75 using the sweet sound speaker
as an external? how are they together?

Hi Ryan. got one here. works and sounds great on my R75. also use it
on a few other desktops here. i'ved had it about a year and a half.
yes, it does sound sweet. you can go cheaper with the comp speakers.
i like the room filling sound i get from the sounds sweet speaker.
i'm looking at a speaker set up that radios4you sells. can't think
of the model right now. do a google on radios4you- out of Fla. it's
a double speaker box with an amp. about 89.00, on ebay. let ya know
if i ever get around to try one. check eham for reports on a bunch
of speakers. Good DX!...

Drifter...

*on*the*fringe*of*Pittsburgh*

Old November 13th 05, 11:15 PM
ryan

In article , Drifter
wrote:

hi all. does anyone here have an icom r75 using the sweet sound speaker
as an external? how are they together?

Hi Ryan. got one here. works and sounds great on my R75. also use it
on a few other desktops here. i'ved had it about a year and a half.
yes, it does sound sweet. you can go cheaper with the comp speakers.
i like the room filling sound i get from the sounds sweet speaker.
i'm looking at a speaker set up that radios4you sells. can't think
of the model right now. do a google on radios4you- out of Fla. it's
a double speaker box with an amp. about 89.00, on ebay. let ya know
if i ever get around to try one. check eham for reports on a bunch
of speakers. Good DX!...

Drifter...

*on*the*fringe*of*Pittsburgh*

after that glowing report im back to being open to the sounds sweet
speaker haha. i was torn between the ss speaker or the ICOM SP-20 which
is considerably more expensive and seems to have more advantages
for utility/hams ops. im more of a broadcast listener which seems to
lead me toward to the ss especially after readin the eham reviews after
reading your post. thx for sharing ur experience with the ss!

regards
Old November 14th 05, 12:45 AM
David

************************************************* ***********************

Hi Ryan. got one here. works and sounds great on my R75. also use it
on a few other desktops here. i'ved had it about a year and a half.
yes, it does sound sweet. you can go cheaper with the comp speakers.
i like the room filling sound i get from the sounds sweet speaker.
i'm looking at a speaker set up that radios4you sells. can't think
of the model right now. do a google on radios4you- out of Fla. it's
a double speaker box with an amp. about 89.00, on ebay. let ya know
if i ever get around to try one. check eham for reports on a bunch
of speakers. Good DX!...

Drifter...

*on*the*fringe*of*Pittsburgh*

I 'd buy something like this at a garage sale and throw away the
elecronics. I use an AIWA 4'' speaker in a big plastic box and it
sounds quite good. Avoid 2-way speakers. The tweeters don't help.

http://cgi.ebay.com/JVC-Home-Stereo-...c mdZViewItem