Old November 16th 05, 10:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Michael Lawson

Default DX Season

"clifto" wrote in message
news
Michael Lawson wrote:
No thanks. I'll take snow and 4 seasons over
two: hurricane and non-hurricane season.

I'd willingly send you all the snow we get, free of charge, if it
were
possible. I can take the cold, I can take the wind, I can take the

cold
wind, I can take the piles and piles of pillowesque jackets and

parkas
and layer upon layer of layers and layers of clothing. But I HATE

SNOW.

P.S. Snow that only stuck to surfaces not related to driving (e.g.

concrete,
asphalt, windshields, fenders) would be grudgingly acceptable.

When we got our 15-16 inches of snow right around
Christmas last year, I was a happy man. Since I work
most days from home, driving doesn't bug me much.
Plus, it's always fun to see the people who don't know
how to drive in snow off in the ditches.

--Mike L.

Old November 16th 05, 11:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
James Douglas

dxAce wrote:
The leaves are raked, the nights are long and the bands are open.

It's DX Season!

(My R7 is in the shop, but hopefully back soon)

dxAce
Michigan
USA

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

I figured you had a couple of those radios. Why in the shop?
Old November 16th 05, 11:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

James Douglas wrote:

dxAce wrote:
The leaves are raked, the nights are long and the bands are open.

It's DX Season!

(My R7 is in the shop, but hopefully back soon)

dxAce
Michigan
USA

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

I figured you had a couple of those radios. Why in the shop?

A tune up! This one hasn't been in since I got it so I figured I'd have it gone
over.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old November 17th 05, 12:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

We got some rain last night and the weather turned colder,it is 46
degrees outside right now.The women next door are doing fine.The last
radio I bought at the Goodwill store about a month ago is my Elgin
AM/FM/Clock radio I bought for one dollar and fifty cents.It works
perfectly,a very nice radio..
cuhulin

Old November 17th 05, 12:34 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Michael Lawson

"MnMikew" wrote in message

"Michael Lawson" wrote in message

"clifto" wrote in message
news
Michael Lawson wrote:
[...]

We had our first measurable snow in MN last night. Of course the

roads were
full of accidents this am. Not as many as I anticpiated but the ones

I saw
were bad ones. Two involved people tangling with snowplows.

It's like people have to relearn winter driving every year.

Heh. A couple of years ago when we last got about
12 inches or so of snow, some idiot decided to show
off how great his Grand Cherokee could handle
the snow by having it climb up to the top of one
of those huge snowpiles. You know, the ones you
find in a parking lot when the snowplow dumps
a ton of snow about 10-15 feet high? Well, his
Grand Cherokee got up there, but it was way too
steep to get down. The guy had to wait for the
snow to melt enough; I just wished I was there
for when the snow underneath gave way and the
Grand Cherokee flipped down the artificial snowbank.

--Mike L.

Old November 17th 05, 04:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
MnMikew

"Michael Lawson" wrote in message

Heh. A couple of years ago when we last got about
12 inches or so of snow, some idiot decided to show
off how great his Grand Cherokee could handle
the snow by having it climb up to the top of one
of those huge snowpiles. You know, the ones you
find in a parking lot when the snowplow dumps
a ton of snow about 10-15 feet high? Well, his
Grand Cherokee got up there, but it was way too
steep to get down. The guy had to wait for the
snow to melt enough; I just wished I was there
for when the snow underneath gave way and the
Grand Cherokee flipped down the artificial snowbank.

--Mike L.

LOL! Ahh the brave SUV driver. Being an off-roader for years I get a kick
out of these parking lot heros. If you've never turned a manual locking hub
you aint an off-roader.

Old November 17th 05, 04:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

My two old Jeeps (1942 Willys Jeep and 1948 Willys Jeep) don't have
manual locking hubs on them.(although they can be retrofitted) Each one
of them have the standard gear shift lever and two more little shift
levers.JT and Dave www.supertalkms.com on FM 97.3 radio.Dave must
be real dumb,I reckon,a few minutes ago he said he never heard of
alcohol being used for medicinal purposes before.It's going to be in the
low 20's in North Mississippi and the 30's in South Mississippi
tonight.This cold weather affects my arthritis real bad.I might have to
reach for my bottle of Old Crow Whiskey,,, for medicinal purposes
only,of course.
cuhulin

Old November 18th 05, 01:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
clifto

Michael Lawson wrote:
"clifto" wrote...
I HATE SNOW.

Plus, it's always fun to see the people who don't know
how to drive in snow off in the ditches.

I'll give you that, but it's not so much fun to see them sliding at ME
from every direction at every moment of every trip.

7-9 Hurricanes Predicted This Season, 3-5 ''major'' David Shortwave 4 May 17th 05 03:17 PM
People helping people this holiday season [email protected] Shortwave 0 December 1st 04 09:32 PM
Starting Date For New B04 Schedule Season: When ? Robert11 Shortwave 1 October 24th 04 05:05 PM
Thunderstorm Season N8KDV Shortwave 19 March 6th 04 10:52 AM
AURORA SEASON Igor Gros Shortwave 3 August 27th 03 07:42 AM