Old November 14th 05, 10:12 PM
dxAce

Default Tsunami

A 6.9 magnitude quake has struck east of Japan and a tsunami warning has been
issued.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old November 14th 05, 10:22 PM
dxAce

dxAce wrote:

A 6.9 magnitude quake has struck east of Japan and a tsunami warning has been
issued.

Now upgraded to 7.2 per USGS email.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old November 14th 05, 10:25 PM
nojunk@this_address.com (Mike Pearson

dxAce wrote:

A 6.9 magnitude quake has struck east of Japan and a tsunami warning has been
issued.

http://www.prh.noaa.gov/ptwc/wmsg :

TSUNAMI BULLETIN NUMBER 001
PACIFIC TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER/NOAA/NWS
ISSUED AT 2148Z 14 NOV 2005

THIS BULLETIN IS FOR ALL AREAS OF THE PACIFIC BASIN EXCEPT
ALASKA - BRITISH COLUMBIA - WASHINGTON - OREGON - CALIFORNIA.

.... TSUNAMI INFORMATION BULLETIN ...

THIS MESSAGE IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY.

AN EARTHQUAKE HAS OCCURRED WITH THESE PRELIMINARY PARAMETERS

ORIGIN TIME - 2139Z 14 NOV 2005
COORDINATES - 38.2 NORTH 144.8 EAST
LOCATION - OFF EAST COAST OF HONSHU JAPAN
MAGNITUDE - 7.3

EVALUATION

NO DESTRUCTIVE PACIFIC-WIDE TSUNAMI THREAT EXISTS BASED ON
HISTORICAL EARTHQUAKE AND TSUNAMI DATA.

HOWEVER - EARTHQUAKES OF THIS SIZE SOMETIMES GENERATE LOCAL
TSUNAMIS THAT CAN BE DESTRUCTIVE ALONG COASTS LOCATED WITHIN
A HUNDRED KILOMETERS OF THE EARTHQUAKE EPICENTER. AUTHORITIES
IN THE REGION OF THE EPICENTER SHOULD BE AWARE OF THIS
POSSIBILITY AND TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION.

THIS WILL BE THE ONLY BULLETIN ISSUED FOR THIS EVENT UNLESS
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION BECOMES AVAILABLE.

THE WEST COAST/ALASKA TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER WILL ISSUE BULLETINS
FOR ALASKA - BRITISH COLUMBIA - WASHINGTON - OREGON - CALIFORNIA.

(The west coast bulletin is about the same - no problems expected for US
coastal area.)

--
Mike KD7PVT
NAR #70953 - Sr/HPR Level-1 ~ BEMRC - NAR Section #627
Old November 14th 05, 10:32 PM
dxAce

"Mike Pearson " wrote:

dxAce wrote:

[...]

I was referring to Japan with respect to the tsunami warning.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old November 14th 05, 11:27 PM

We have some cold and stormy weather fixin to be moving in around
here,according to David Hartman,the weather news guy on tv
www.wapt.com with some lightning too. www.lightningstorm.com
www.srh.noaa.gov I am fixin to take a look see at what's out West in
Shreveport and Fort Worth/Dallas areas.They always send their bad
weather over this way.
cuhulin

Old November 14th 05, 11:42 PM

Looks like Michigan is in for some rainy weather.When I used to get to
the chatroom at the online Cork,Ireland,Examiner newspaper,once in a
while a divorced lady with two kids from Muskegon,Michigan would show up
in that chatroom.She once said her divorced hubby took off with her best
silver silverware.She got interested in chatting with a guy in Alaska.
cuhulin

Old November 15th 05, 12:45 AM
Cmdr Buzz Corey

wrote:
We have some cold and stormy weather fixin to be moving in around
here,according to David Hartman,the weather news guy on tv
www.wapt.com with some lightning too. www.lightningstorm.com
www.srh.noaa.gov I am fixin to take a look see at what's out West in
Shreveport and Fort Worth/Dallas areas.They always send their bad
weather over this way.
cuhulin

Now chulin, of all the years I lived in the DFW area, we never sent you
any bad weather...well not on purpose anyway.
Old November 15th 05, 12:58 AM

I don't blame any bad weather coming this way on Shreveport or Fort
Worth/Dallas.I blame it on the Winds that blow from West to East.
cuhulin

Old November 15th 05, 01:11 AM

I tried to watch a few minutes of that Surface tv show on nbc.That woman
said something to the affect she just can't understand how people can
eat meat when poor animals are suffering.
I just couldn't take it anymore! I switched tv channels.Born to be Bad
movie is on my tv set now on the TCM channel.I am going to cook up some
Pork Chops for supper.
cuhulin

Diego Garcia not affected by Tsunami Harveyat8c43z0 Shortwave 7 January 1st 06 01:29 PM
Tsunami monitoring dxAce Shortwave 0 December 27th 04 07:14 AM
Tsunami Warning for Japan WShoots1 Shortwave 0 September 26th 03 04:02 AM