Old September 26th 03, 04:02 AM
WShoots1

Default Tsunami Warning for Japan

A one meter high tsunami wave moving at the speed of sound in sal****er (about
500 mph, I recall) can wreak havok, if it's split by, say, an island. When the
two fronts recombine on the lee side of the island, there is an upheaval.

I'd seen the severe damage to a marina a six inch tsunami caused on the back
side of Terminal Island in Los Angeles Harbor back in the 1950s.

Bill, K5BY