Old November 21st 05, 09:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Henry Kolesnik

Default Mckay Mymek DA100D ?

I found one of these at a hamfest, it's a small box with 2 controls on the
front and on the back there are 2 RCA phono sockets, a 12VDC connector and a
SO 239. The 239 is labelled EXT. MODULE so I assume there's another part or
two for this set and I wonder what they are. Any info appreciated.
tnx

--

73
Hank WD5JFR

Old November 21st 05, 09:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

HK - Look Here - McKay Dymek DA-100E Active Antenna ~ RHF
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/0328.html
Old November 21st 05, 10:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Henry Kolesnik wrote:
I found one of these at a hamfest, it's a small box with 2 controls on the
front and on the back there are 2 RCA phono sockets, a 12VDC connector and a
SO 239. The 239 is labelled EXT. MODULE so I assume there's another part or
two for this set and I wonder what they are. Any info appreciated.
tnx

--

73
Hank WD5JFR

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
You have the power supply, RF take off unit.
There is another part, the external active antenna module.

Terry

Old November 21st 05, 10:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Bob Miller

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:43:00 GMT, "Henry Kolesnik"
wrote:

I found one of these at a hamfest, it's a small box with 2 controls on the
front and on the back there are 2 RCA phono sockets, a 12VDC connector and a
SO 239. The 239 is labelled EXT. MODULE so I assume there's another part or
two for this set and I wonder what they are. Any info appreciated.
tnx

I have the complete setup. The exterior module consists of a whip
antenna, about 5.5-ft. tall, and a small plastic box at the base of
the antenna with assorted electronics in it. There is about 50 feet of
coax coming out of the bottom of the plastic box, which goes to your
control box coax plug labelled, exterior module.

The complete system is an active receiving antenna system that works
between 50 khz and 30 mhz.

The Attenuation control on your box matches the impedance of the
feedline to the radio input.

I don't know if Stoner Communications is still in business, but if
they are, the Exterior Module Assembly, including telescoping antenna
and cable, is listed in the manual as Part # 166044. They give a
California phone number (714) 987-4624.

I bought my antenna system in 1988 for about $200-250. The instruction
manual is dated 1975, so this system's been around awhile.

The antenna has worked like a champ with my SW receiver, a Japan Radio
Company NRD-525.

Bob
k5qwg

Old November 22nd 05, 06:34 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
KA6UUP

Bob,
Would you be willing to scan them and post them somewhere?
783,
Chuck KA6UUP

Bob Miller wrote:
On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 23:00:10 GMT, "Henry Kolesnik"
wrote:

I wonder if it would be difficult to build the external unit. Anyone have a
schematic?
tnx

I have the schematic and parts list in my DA100D manual. I can copy it
and snail mail it, if you'd like.

Looking at the parts list, it appears to be mainly capacitors, diodes
and resistors, with a couple of chokes and a bifilar coil.

bob
k5qwg

Old November 22nd 05, 04:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Henry Kolesnik

Bob

Thanks for the offer. Tell me what I need to do to get a copy?
BTW I wonder if anyone has an outside unit that they want to sell?
tnx

--

73
Hank WD5JFR

Old November 22nd 05, 05:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Perhaps he could get it faxed to you from someone who has a fax machine
and you can print it out if you have a printer? or he could snail mail a
copy of it to you,libraries have copying machines.
cuhulin

Old November 22nd 05, 06:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Bob Miller

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 16:14:18 GMT, "Henry Kolesnik"
wrote:

Bob

Thanks for the offer. Tell me what I need to do to get a copy?
BTW I wonder if anyone has an outside unit that they want to sell?
tnx

I can copy the pages and snail mail them -- if your address on qrz.com
is correct, Oak Rd., I can send them there.

Bob
k5qwg

Old November 23rd 05, 01:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Bob Miller

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 01:09:46 GMT, "Henry Kolesnik"
wrote:

Bob
I'm on Oak Road..
Please send them and let me know what I owe you.

I'll put it in the mail Wednesday. Copying the pages was $1.90, plus a
regular stamp. I wouldn't worry that much about the money, tho'. Just
give your fave charity a couple extra bucks :-)

Bob
k5qwg

Old November 25th 16, 11:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Hi

Is a copy of the Mckay Dymek C still available
Jordan J Dobriken
809-1850 Rosser Ave.
Burnaby BC CA
V5C 5E1