Old November 26th 05, 02:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
jwb

Default comments on palstar r30cc?

looking to buy on fo these for swl/bcb dx
any good?
thanks jack

Old November 26th 05, 03:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Walt Novinger

You might Google for "palstar"...lots of reviews.Also in Passport.

--
Walt Novinger
Raleigh, NC USA

Old November 26th 05, 09:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Everyone seems to rave about them but the 2 I tried were terrible
sensitivity-wise and the IF was unstable on both with tons of birdies.
I must have gotten successive "lemons"! My old FRG-8800 blew both of
them away performance-wise.

Frank