Old November 30th 05, 01:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Andrew

Default Radiolabs Super 909

I have a DX 398 that has recently developed a bad speaker. I can buy a
replacement very inexpensivly on the internet and replace it myself but
I was wondering if it might be better to send it to Radiolabs and have
the extensive Super 909 conversion done on it for $109.95 USD as they
change the speaker as one of their mods.

Anyone have any experience with Th Radiolabs Super 909 conversion? Does
it work as well as they say? I am actually very happy with my radio
except for the recent speaker trouble but the mods do sound interesting.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Old November 30th 05, 02:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Les

Andrew wrote:
I have a DX 398 that has recently developed a bad speaker. I can buy a
replacement very inexpensivly on the internet and replace it myself but
I was wondering if it might be better to send it to Radiolabs and have
the extensive Super 909 conversion done on it for $109.95 USD as they
change the speaker as one of their mods.

Anyone have any experience with Th Radiolabs Super 909 conversion? Does
it work as well as they say? I am actually very happy with my radio
except for the recent speaker trouble but the mods do sound interesting.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Look here, much cheaper. Having owned (past tense) a Super 909, save
your money.

Ley Kiwa do the speaker replacement for you and you decide on the audio
mods from them.

http://www.kiwa.com/ATS909.html

leslocklearatcableonedotnet

fix above to reply

Old November 30th 05, 02:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Andrew

Thanks for your reply...

It is Kiwa that I have been in contact with. They have a better quality
replacement speaker for $5 USD and I was considering that.

Andy

Old November 30th 05, 04:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
wavetrapper

I just replaced the speaker in both of my 909/398's. Got the
replacement speakers for $1 each. Amazing difference. If you go
he

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=673036&t=9611

and press play, you can hear the difference.

If you wish to read about my play-by-play on the replacement...it is in
recent messages posted to the Yahoo 398 group.

I am not much of a techie and I was able to make this repair. If II
can help you further let me know.

Old November 30th 05, 02:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen

I've got a Sangean Super 909 that I got from Radiolabs already modded.
.... I can tell you that I'm extremely happy with my Super 909.

Likewise. The radio was greatly improved over the stock (mine is the
RS incarnation).

BJ

Old December 1st 05, 03:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
toTaLhAt

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 01:24:04 GMT, Andrew

On 2005-11-30 10:53:41 -0400, "bpnjensen" said:

I've got a Sangean Super 909 that I got from Radiolabs already modded.

... I can tell you that I'm extremely happy with my Super 909.

Likewise. The radio was greatly improved over the stock (mine is the
RS incarnation).

BJ

Thanks to everyone who replied! I am still not decided but this extra
information helps!

All the best and 73s

Andy

Buy the Super909. It's a great radio. I love mine... sounds a lot
better than the stock and performance is also much better. I've had
both.

dxtroll(tm)
Old December 1st 05, 10:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Andrew Hamilton

On 2005-11-30 00:13:16 -0400, "wavetrapper" said:

I just replaced the speaker in both of my 909/398's. Got the
replacement speakers for $1 each. Amazing difference. If you go
he

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=673036&t=9611

and press play, you can hear the difference.

If you wish to read about my play-by-play on the replacement...it is in
recent messages posted to the Yahoo 398 group.

I am not much of a techie and I was able to make this repair. If II
can help you further let me know.

Thanks again for all the help!

All the best!

Andy

FS: RadioLabs Super ATS-909 Llgpt Shortwave 0 August 22nd 04 02:50 AM
FS: RadioLabs Super ATS-909 Llgpt Swap 0 August 22nd 04 02:50 AM
For Sale: RadioLabs Super ATS-909 Llgpt Shortwave 0 August 14th 04 07:19 PM
REVIEW: "Super ATS-909" mods by RadioLabs Stinger Shortwave 6 February 3rd 04 07:13 AM
GE Superadio III earphone difficulty - and what is OHM rating Ronald Shortwave 49 January 22nd 04 07:04 PM