Old December 1st 05, 06:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Gene Scott's Rolls Royce on ebay

I have read that many years ago too,BDK,,, in auto magazines,,, about
some new Rolls Royce engines had to be rebuilt as soon as them Rolls
Royce cars got to U.S.A.The truth is,,, them Stupid brits just can not
build decent quality cars.Look,(QQ) they are World famous for leaking
oil and coolant all over the place and the wireing harenesses are no
good and the mice over over there just love to eat up the upholstery.
cuhulin

Old December 1st 05, 07:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

My old American made wrecks dont smoke at all and they all have hundreds
of thousands of miles on each and every one of them.Give me American
Iron every time!
cuhulin

Old December 1st 05, 06:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

My old buddy used to own one of them new Chevrolet Vega's.He drove it
for a bunch of years to work and back.It finally got to where it was
running too hot all the time.He offered to sell it to me for fifty
dollars.Turned out Chevrolet put radiators in them that was too small.
cuhulin

Old December 1st 05, 03:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Frank Dresser

"Mark S. Holden" wrote in message
For any diehard Gene Scott fans, you can buy his '67 Rolls Royce
Corniche Coupe on ebay.

[snip]

Doc Scott's widow needs the money. Last night I heard her begging for cash
because donations are way down. She says she can't run the Doc's ministry
as he did on only half the donations. Actually, I'm surprised the ministry
is getting even half without the Doc. The widow is far less compelling.
And I'm sure the true believers can invest their evangelical dollars in far
more efficent media than Doc Scott reruns.

In an odd coincidence, last night was the last SW night for the Hour of the
Time. The unmemorable guy who took over the show from the late Bill Cooper
said, again, freeloaders and lack of donations were the problems.

So, I guess that shows there's no future in the SW Voice from the Grave
business. But that's to be expected. After all, that would be like hearing
old, stale false predictions from the late Herbert W. Armstrong when we
could be listening to brand new false predictions from Prophet Stair.

Frank Dresser

Old December 1st 05, 03:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
yojimbo

"Frank Dresser" wrote in message

"Mark S. Holden" wrote in message
For any diehard Gene Scott fans, you can buy his '67 Rolls Royce
Corniche Coupe on ebay.

[snip]

Doc Scott's widow needs the money. Last night I heard her begging for
cash
because donations are way down. She says she can't run the Doc's ministry
as he did on only half the donations. Actually, I'm surprised the
ministry
is getting even half without the Doc. The widow is far less compelling.
And I'm sure the true believers can invest their evangelical dollars in
far
more efficent media than Doc Scott reruns.

Yeah, I heard her whingeing last night too. She's lashing out and blaming
the listeners for failing to fulfill their promises. Only 50% of the
listeners and 50% of the donations from last year, but costs are still 100%,
blah-blah. She had the anger and righteous indignation of her late husband,
but little of the persuasiveness. I'm kinda surprised she still has the
ministry going, you'd think a rest might give her peace of mind, but it
sounded like she was on a one-way trip to both the poorhouse and nuthouse if
last night's tirade is any indication.

Old December 2nd 05, 08:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Chris Howard

I enjoyed hearing her gripe about the people who still
send in checks (!) making them out to Dr. Scott... when their
own website won't admit he's dead.

Old December 8th 05, 09:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Arthur Pozner

The radio is Philips DC777(top unit).Not sure what the bottom component
is,except it is obviously an eq/amp of some kind.