Old December 13th 05, 04:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Ron Baker, Pluralitas!

Default HR radar --- That should be "HF", obviously

"HankG" wrote in message

"Ron Baker, Pluralitas!" wrote in message

"Ron Baker, Pluralitas!" wrote in message
There are numerous radars running in the HF bands.
Some of them run continuously.

Frequencies heard in San Diego.
4407
4814
12180 to 12100
13370 to 13450
13500 to 13570
13920 to 13970
26340 to 26190

We can examine their echos too.
I recorded the one at 26190 (a while back) for 60
seconds and ran an autocorrelation.
A plot of it is posted in alt.binaries.alt.
We can see that it echos over great distances,
on the order of the circumferance of the Earth.
(The horizontal scale is time converted to distance
figuring the signal travels at the speed of light.)

Any chance of posting a .WAV file? Like to hear what they sound like.

HankG

I've posted a couple to alt.binaries.alt.

Do you have a receiver?

--
rb

Old December 13th 05, 04:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

y'all like that Stupid Commie google so much,,,, do a search for,Wav
Format Scotland Music

MacMurphy's Braes are Bonnieeeee,,,,,, wherever faes the dew,,,,,,,
cuhulin

Old December 14th 05, 05:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default HF radar

Don't laugh, but in the dark ages, I had to write Fortran programs to
do such calculations.Matlab didn't exist. Hey, I said stop laughing!
;-)

I recently took a tour of the NSA museum, and they had a computer punch
card on display. Well, I suppose there are people who never saw one,
but geez....

Ron Baker, Pluralitas! wrote:
"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"Ron Baker, Pluralitas!" wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
Interesting. Is there a canned program to take an autocorrelation of a
wav file?

I use Matlab. It is a general purpose math tool. A lot of
people use it to prototype DSP algorithms. There is
a student version for $150. It is good enough.
There is also an open source, free program called Octave
that tries to be compatible with Matlab. Matlab programs
can generally be ported to Octave with more or less work.

Snip

They just got through trying to hit me up for $1000 - $1300 bucks for
versions 12 and 13.

Yeouch. At prices like that they are begging for
competition.
That makes me wonder what we are
paying for it at work.

I know a few young engineering students who have the
full version. I suspect they obtained it through...
alternative sources.

--
rb

Old December 14th 05, 05:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article ,
"Ron Baker, Pluralitas!" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"Ron Baker, Pluralitas!" wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

When I first started buying this software it was $80 full price. The
program has improved over the years and occasionally I have upgraded but
it has been years now that the price has been going up astronomically.

I'm going to have to do something as the old versions is running on an
old Mac 8500 under sys 8.5 and I want to get rid of it. Other math
programs are in the same range expense wise as are most high end CAD
programs.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old December 14th 05, 05:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I dont remember that guys name just now,but during the World War Two era
(I once read a book about it,so I did) the Microwave (read that,Radar)
he had a Guard guy with him,the Guard guy's Orders were to Shoot him
Dead if the Microwave guy (read that,Radar) was captured by the enemy.
cuhulin

Old December 14th 05, 05:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Hows the roller skatin on Ventura Beach,telamon? Tell all thm girls over
there old Hansom Larry (I am Hansom Larry,wimmins only) Loves them.
cuhulin (Hansom Larry)

Old December 14th 05, 05:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Just Dont Drink the Water.
cuhulin

FA: 2 Professional Books: RADAR TECHNOLOGY - RADAR - RADAR - RADAR - RADAR - RADAR Pat Antenna 0 November 7th 05 01:21 AM
FA: 2 Professional Books: RADAR TECHNOLOGY - RADAR - RADAR - RADAR - RADAR - RADAR Pat Equipment 0 November 7th 05 01:21 AM
Radar trial to watch Torres Strait Max Power Shortwave 6 May 9th 05 12:49 AM
Police Radar Questions. Eric Scanner 4 May 2nd 04 04:17 AM
FA: Radar System Engineering Book, MIT RadLab tw Swap 0 March 28th 04 08:12 PM