Old December 27th 05, 05:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Getting started in Electronics

www.nutsvolts.com
Lots of good stuff there.
cuhulin

Old December 28th 05, 12:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
James Douglas

wrote:
www.nutsvolts.com
Lots of good stuff there.
cuhulin

I love that magazine! I subscribe and have been trying to find on ebay
past issues, tons of good information and cool little projects to do,
now I just need more time in the day to do more stuff!
Old December 28th 05, 05:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brian Denley

wrote:
www.nutsvolts.com
Lots of good stuff there.
cuhulin

Paul Horowitz's "the Art of Electronics" is a terrific book for anyone
wanting to better understand the subject.

--
Brian Denley

Old December 28th 05, 10:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Frank Dresser

wrote in message
ps.com...
0.015ufd 15kv non-polarized
Not impossible to find, though I only got one hit on the net googling
that value. They are about 3 inches long, 3/4inch round. The same shop
that had the neon light power supplies had the caps. It just wasn't the
first place I looked.

[snip]

There's a lot of odd stuff around, although it's not always easy to find:

http://fairradio.com/dchvca.htm

1600V caps are pretty common, although I suppose the ESR might get too high
in a series string.

Frank Dresser

Old December 29th 05, 01:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
clifto

Brian Denley wrote:
Paul Horowitz's "the Art of Electronics" is a terrific book for anyone
wanting to better understand the subject.

Don't leave out co-author Winfield Hill, who is a frequent contributor
to the electronics newsgroups.

Old December 29th 05, 04:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brian Denley

clifto wrote:
Brian Denley wrote:
Paul Horowitz's "the Art of Electronics" is a terrific book for
anyone wanting to better understand the subject.

Don't leave out co-author Winfield Hill, who is a frequent contributor
to the electronics newsgroups.

Good point!

--
Brian Denley