Old December 27th 05, 06:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
DJ Bjorklund

Default Deciding to, or not to, listen tonight.

Using the information regarding propagation that's available to you
on-line or elsewhere, what's the process by which the most successful
of you decide to monitor the SW bands on a given day/night?
I'm in So. Minnesota and use a 7600GR with an AN-LP1

What are the specific web sites you use for data gathering? Do any of
you use what I'll term as "propagation software" to help you make use
of the data gathered?
Old December 27th 05, 09:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
DJ Bjorklund

Yes, just what I'm apparently looking for. Thanks to both of you.
Obviously I'm just cutting my teeth as to things propagation related.
I enjoy this hobby but due to time constraints, I like getting
something in exchange for the time invested. I suppose that makes me
more of a content SWLer than a DXer.

My last time out (a couple years ago) I got frustrated and set my
equipment aside, or sold it, and I've decided to this time delve a bit
more into the technical end of the things that really control the
activity. I have noted less than good results particularly over the
past weekend when I had some time to throw at my little rig.
Understanding the "numbers" a bit better, I guess I see why.

As for my take on this group, I seem to get good advise when I need it
and while I appreciate it, it seems one does have to wade through a
lot of OT (read: political) ranting and raving. That being said, I
suppose its not much worse than other Usenet groups that I read and
post to.

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 14:10:36 -0600, KE5CKR wrote:

This one is very helpful to me. I use it primarily (lately) to decide what
my best bet for the evening might be.

http://hfradio.org

Cheer!
- Matt