Old December 29th 05, 09:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

Default BPL will burn you! -Blocking BPL-

A Question for All,

Why can't three or four very large long Ferrite Tube Cores
be placed one-each on the individual Electical Service Wires
where they are connected to the House's AC Electrical
System. 1" OD x 1/2" ID x 3" L

Shouldn't that eliminate any BPL with the House itself ?

i want to know ~ RHF
Old December 31st 05, 01:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

Default BPL will burn you!

In article
,
"Frank Dresser" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in
message

.com...

I wish it was true that you could counter BPL interference with
antenna placement. Well maybe if you move the antenna to the next
county.

That's right. It's not like the BPL noise will be coming from a
single point source which could be nulled out. The noise will be
radiated from the power lines and will be coming from every
direction.

However, we can hope that the alternatives to BPL continue to get
better and cheaper. Or maybe I need to dip my radio in Miracle-2.
I'm sure Joyce and Dave will clue me in.

Yes, there are some Hams that have already documented the the
neighborhood wide broadband noise generated by these BPL systems. The
levels are high enough that it would not surprise me if they are not
already raising the average background noise as this crud propagates
across the country.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old December 31st 05, 08:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
clifto

yea right wrote:
The best way to block BPL from you home is to place .01uf caps between
your mains and ground after the meter on YOUR wiring.

Aside from the comments others have made, you can't just grab any old caps
and put them on the AC line, as several television manufacturers found out
the hard way during the sixties and seventies. Caps for power line use are
specially constructed.

Old January 1st 06, 09:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article ,
clifto wrote:

yea right wrote:
The best way to block BPL from you home is to place .01uf caps between
your mains and ground after the meter on YOUR wiring.

Aside from the comments others have made, you can't just grab any old caps
and put them on the AC line, as several television manufacturers found out
the hard way during the sixties and seventies. Caps for power line use are
specially constructed.

If I remember correctly capacitors across AC lines at the input to
electronic or electrical devices are supposed to have certain safety
agency rating and are known as Y and X type capacitors.

Here is an informative PDF
http://www.evox-rifa.com/technote_pdf/rfi_fact.pdf

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old January 2nd 06, 09:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
clifto

Telamon wrote:
clifto wrote:
Aside from the comments others have made, you can't just grab any old caps
and put them on the AC line, as several television manufacturers found out
the hard way during the sixties and seventies. Caps for power line use are
specially constructed.

Here is an informative PDF
http://www.evox-rifa.com/technote_pdf/rfi_fact.pdf

Well done!

US admits use of white phosphorous against people in Iraq RTO Trainer Shortwave 48 December 25th 05 09:11 PM
Burn Baby Burn Burr Shortwave 0 March 6th 05 09:18 PM
Millimeter wavelengths cause skin to burn! A weapon Radioman390 Shortwave 2 February 5th 05 11:53 PM
"All Christmas" gonna burn out this year? RP Broadcasting 1 December 24th 03 09:07 PM