Old December 29th 05, 04:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Newsweek "Bush's Snoopgate" - [time for impeachment]

Just for laughs Clifto, join me in a little thought experiment. A
"Liberal" media would naturally give Democrats the benefit of the
doubt, cut them slack at every oppurtunity, and hammer the Republicans
relentlessly. Goes without saying right? Let's look at two examples.
1. Whitewater. Lifelong Republican, Robert Fisk spends nearly a
year and ablout 5 mil. of your tax dollars investigating. Finds
nothing worthy of prosecution. Knowing good PR, the Repubs continue
the investigation with Ken Starr at the helm for another, what,
another 4 yrs. and 40 mil? For 5 yrs. your "far-left extremist media"
reported every rumour, lie and unsourced allegation the Repubs can
come up with to slander Clinton on a near daily basis. When the report
on the investigation was finally released the word "cigar" appeared
more often than Whitewater! Nothing there. If it weren't for Monica
it wouldn't have been worth reading.
2. Jeff Gannon. Who? You know, the male prostitute who for a year
and a half, posed as a fake reporter from a fake news agency to ask
fake questions at White House press conferences. Who, according to
Secret Service logs often visited the White House when no press
conferences were scheduled, and on about 15 occasions signed in but
didn't sign out, possibly spending the night (!) Who never had to
undrgo a background check even though legit reporters had to before
they were allowed through the White House gates. THAT Jeff Gannon. How
long did the Liberal Media hammer our boy George on this? Maybe 2
days. Gently. Google him up if you missed it. If this had happened
while Clinton was in office we'd have never heard the end of it.
Pigboy Limbaugh would be selling Jeff Gannon t-shirts, (complete with
tasteful nude photos from Jeff's own websites,) in sizes from newborn
on up to 4x-tra fat.
So next time when you reflexively start to describe the media as
"liberal," perhaps you'll pause for a moments honest reflection. Nah,
too much effort I'll bet.

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 17:14:23 -0600, clifto wrote:

wrote:
The truth will set us free from genocidal, warmongering, fools and
their wars. To do that it must be spread aroundnot hidden.

And the truth is indeed coming to be known, now that the far-left
extremist media aren't the only means of distributing news. And the
truth will save us from the communist revolution that people like you
are working so hard to achieve.

Old December 29th 05, 05:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
clifto

wrote:
Just for laughs Clifto, join me in a little thought experiment. A
"Liberal" media would naturally give Democrats the benefit of the
doubt, cut them slack at every oppurtunity, and hammer the Republicans
relentlessly. Goes without saying right? Let's look at two examples.
1. Whitewater. Lifelong Republican, Robert Fisk spends nearly a
year and ablout 5 mil. of your tax dollars investigating.

The media then latch onto the O.J. Simpson trial as though it was news,
and dedicate every waking moment to televised coverage to divert the
attention of most everyone while Shrillary pulls some strings and
calls in some favors and gets the whole thing swept under the rug.

The Robert Blake trial was much more interesting. Did it get ANY
television coverage?

2. Jeff Gannon. Who? You know, the male prostitute who for a year
and a half, posed as a fake reporter from a fake news agency to ask
fake questions at White House press conferences.

I'll read up on that.

So next time when you reflexively start to describe the media as
"liberal," perhaps you'll pause for a moments honest reflection. Nah,
too much effort I'll bet.

I've been looking for a single rational comment about a Republican from
the mainstream media for quite a few years now. I feel like Diogenes
must have felt.