Old January 2nd 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David Mills

Default short wave reception in New Hampshire...is it less than a couple years ago?

Hi,

I am using a Grundig YB 400 PE. A couple years ago.. (ie 2003-2004) I got
many stations from Radio Canada to Radio France to china and of course the
VOA. At the time I was in a house on a hill top.

Now I am in an apartment building in a shallow valley. I get very few
stations. Those I get the reception is not that great. I have not used
external antennas..just the one that came with the radio.

What's up? could it be that there is just less broadcasting going to the
northeast us?

David

Old January 2nd 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

David Mills wrote:

Hi,

I am using a Grundig YB 400 PE. A couple years ago.. (ie 2003-2004) I got
many stations from Radio Canada to Radio France to china and of course the
VOA. At the time I was in a house on a hill top.

Now I am in an apartment building in a shallow valley. I get very few
stations. Those I get the reception is not that great. I have not used
external antennas..just the one that came with the radio.

What's up?

Whats up? Like you just said, you've moved from the house upon a hill to an
apartment building down in the valley, the valley so low...

You may want to try and string up some kinda antenna outdoors, or, you may just
wish to move.

dxAce
Michigan
USA