Old January 4th 06, 08:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Best earbuds for sale in U.S.

Filters stop the ear wax. They have been selling Etynomics for about 20
years, so this isn't a big deal.

All earphones need maintenace. Most of the earbuds are so cheap that
when the foam rots, you just buy another earbud. The over the ear
phones need to have the seals replaced eventually. The plastic gets too
hard to make a seal. The open air headphones like the Grado models
mentioned need new foam every few years.

My grado SR125s have become electrically intermittant and they are not
field servicable. I'l get around to fixing them, but I've been really
happy with the Etymotics. They supply a small case for them so that you
can just stuff them in your pants pocket when not in use.

http://www.etymotic.com/
http://www.etymotic.com/pdf/er6-isolator-manual.pdf
http://www.etymotic.com/pdf/er4-userguide.pdf

I had the opportunity to try both the ER6 and the more expensive ER4. I
couldn't tell the difference, even though the published specs are quite
different.

wrote:
But what do you use to clean that messy old ear wax out of them
expensive earbuds?
cuhulin

Old January 4th 06, 03:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Whenever you are using earbuds and the radio is turned on and if you
remove the earbuds from your ears,it isn't a good idea to let the two
eabuds get too close to each other.That can cause an electronic (a
resistor or whatever the part(s) are) part in the radio to malfunction
or stop working.
cuhulin

Old January 5th 06, 08:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Years and years ago,my old buddy's son installed an AM/FM stereo radio
in his car.It wasen't but a few months later the radio started cutting
in and out.One of the speaker wires on one of the stereo channels had
come loose.I once bought a sound amplifier (it looks sort of like a tiny
transistor radio) from a Radio Shack store,the gadget requires either
earbuds or earphones,it doesn't have a built in speaker.I left it turned
on one day and the earbuds too close to each other,the gadget started
cutting in and out (I took it back to Radio Shack and got another one)
just like that stereo radio did.That is how I know it isn't a good idea
to leave a radio turned on and let the earbuds get too close to each
other.Ever since then,if I am using earbuds,I take pains to make sure
they dont get too close to each other.
cuhulin

Old January 5th 06, 11:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
SeeingEyeDog

wrote
That is how I know it isn't a good idea
to leave a radio turned on and let the earbuds get too close to each
other.Ever since then,if I am using earbuds,I take pains to make sure
they dont get too close to each other.
cuhulin

Just "imagine" what those ear-buds can do to your mind!