Old January 5th 06, 05:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Charly

Default Sangean : differences between PT80 and ATS505/606 ?

Hello everyone,

Can somebody give me some links to reviews giving the differences between these
radios ???

Basicaly, the Sangean PT80 seems to be close to the 505 or 606 made by the same
manufacturer...

Are the differences "internal" ?

Thanks in advance,

Charly
Old January 7th 06, 06:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Charly

Since I didn't find what I wanted, I made it...

In fact the PT80 (aka Grundig Yacht Boy 80) is an expensive small little
radio... I don't speak about performances, I did not try it. I'm just speaking
of features as listed on the manufacturer's web sites and so on.

Compared to the ATS 505 and 606, the PT 80 is in between the two former in size,
it has the SSB and tuning knob of the 505 but lacks the PLL.

I would say, if you need SSB takes the cheaper, 505 else take the smaller 606.

But the Kaito/Degen beat them all by far with a lots of features for a much
lower price...

http://calebrun.free.fr/radio/kaito-sangean.html

Hope this helps,

Charly
Old January 7th 06, 06:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Whatever radio(s) you are thinking about buying,isn't it a good idea to
find out if the radio(s) is UL Approoved? (spelling,Approoved? my
fingers are too numb to look it up) (numb from the waist up,,,, and
waist down)
cuhulin

Old January 7th 06, 07:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

UL means United Laboratories,I think.Most appliances in U.S.A.are UL
Approoved,,, for safety reasons and there usually is a little tag/decal
that says so.
cuhulin