Old January 19th 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Smith

Default New Icom Radio?

The Icom PCR-1000 receiver is being discontinued and I heard they were
coming out with a new pc controlled black box receiver to replace it with. I
dont have any info on it yet...anyone else hear anything?

Old January 19th 06, 12:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Smith

Found this finally It's the Icom PCR 1500

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/1501.html

Lots of added stuff in the new one!

Old January 19th 06, 01:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Smith

Found one on ebay in italy for 360$ so will probably sell for around 400$
here.....the remote head version R-1500 will go for a chunk more

Old January 19th 06, 02:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Eric F. Richards

"John Smith" wrote:

The Icom PCR-1000 receiver is being discontinued and I heard they were
coming out with a new pc controlled black box receiver to replace it with. I
dont have any info on it yet...anyone else hear anything?

That's not a "black box receiver..."

THIS is a black box receiver!

http://radio.tentec.com/Commercial/RX400

--
Eric F. Richards

"Nature abhors a vacuum tube." -- Myron Glass,
often attributed to J. R. Pierce, Bell Labs, c. 1940
Old January 19th 06, 08:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Smith

So your saying the slightly under 6000$ radio from ten tec covers almost
exactly the same thing as the new icom that costs around 400 $ ?

No thanks....I already gotta pair of RX-340's and they aint much of a
radio...my old PCR-1000 will keep up with em all the way...matter of fact my
old grundig yb-400 will outdo em at times LOL!

Old January 20th 06, 02:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Eric F. Richards

"John Smith" wrote:

So your saying the slightly under 6000$ radio from ten tec covers almost
exactly the same thing as the new icom that costs around 400 $ ?

No thanks....I already gotta pair of RX-340's and they aint much of a
radio...my old PCR-1000 will keep up with em all the way...matter of fact my
old grundig yb-400 will outdo em at times LOL!

It was so bad... I bought two!

You have GOT to be kidding... what's the weather like on your world?

Old January 21st 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Smith

Sorry about you opinion on Tennessee Trash!

Lot's of 340 owners will tell you they wish they had never bought the rig!

They are "FAIR" at best!....And mine have been to Ten Tec twice to see if
they can be "fixed" or "Improved".

Each has had a dozen different antenna systems tried on them and still they
suck. They "Sucked" at Ten Tec on their antenna as well while I was there!

I live 20 minutes from Sevierville and thats why I bought them.

Both of mine will be coming up on Ebay soon.

"Brian Denley" wrote in message
Now there's a bull**** post. You should try actually using an antenna.
Or maybe you forgot to turn the RX-340s on?

--
Brian Denley

Old January 21st 06, 06:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I am too busy right now,,, email chattin back and forth with that 32
year old divorced woman in Petal,Mississippi.I am wayyyy tooooo busy.See
y'all later on.
cuhulin

Old January 22nd 06, 02:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Eric F. Richards

"John Smith" wrote:

Sorry about you opinion on Tennessee Trash!

Lot's of 340 owners will tell you they wish they had never bought the rig!

Besides you, I'd like to hear about these "Lot's" [sic].

They are "FAIR" at best!....And mine have been to Ten Tec twice to see if
they can be "fixed" or "Improved".

Each has had a dozen different antenna systems tried on them and still they
suck. They "Sucked" at Ten Tec on their antenna as well while I was there!

I live 20 minutes from Sevierville and thats why I bought them.

You tested them, hated them, then bought two. So who is the real
"Tennessee Trash?"

The radio isn't perfect by any stretch -- not by a long shot -- but it
is one of the nicer radios I've had the pleasure of playing with. It
does exactly what I wanted it to do.

Both of mine will be coming up on Ebay soon.

....may I suggest that you work on your sales pitch a bit?

Old January 22nd 06, 08:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Smith

Another idiot that cant read...And assumes everything.

"Eric F. Richards" Blew chunks of **** out of his mouth

You tested them, hated them, then bought two. So who is the real
"Tennessee Trash?"

I bought two because I live close to Ten Tec in case I needed repair or
service you dip****.

Where in the sam hell does it say I tested them before I bought them
asshole??....I just said they sucked on every antenna I tried em on...Even
Ten Tecs antenna when I took em back to get em fixed...Better go get your
dyslexia fixed you ****ing retard!