Old January 28th 06, 03:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
adam214

Default antenna feedback

Hi guys since i cant find the other thread ill write my experiences
here.I bought 4 meters of speaker wire and two screw in crocodile clips
and it was a hell of alot cheaper than buying the sangean one $3.30 com
paired to $20+.Anyhoo it seems to some night improve signal sometimes it
doesn't but it has improved it definitely like for example i couldent
get deutsche welle radio before without lots of background static but
know i can get it crystal clear .Only problem is with the radio ive
got, like the radio Netherlands review said the sangean ats-505 has a
narrow base so whenever you hook up the antenna,stand it up it falls
over i learnt that the hard way, so i have to balance it with something
heavy if i just want it stand up.Overall it has being good thanks guys
for your help you saved me alot of $ and it probably does a better job.

Yours truly
Adam
Old January 28th 06, 03:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

To stop any smaller radio from falling over,
you can purchase a book holder from an office supply store or
a collector dish holder (from a Hallmark card shop) . With a little
adjustment you'll have a
"tip resistant" radio for a lot less then it would cost to fix or
replace the radio. I've seen plate holders for about 2 bucks that are
made of coated very heavy wire that you can bend to adjust to a good
viewing angle. Hope this helps.

Charlie
Essex, Maryland

Old January 29th 06, 04:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Northe Osbrink

Adam

adam214 wrote:

.Only problem is with the radio ive
got, like the radio Netherlands review said the sangean ats-505 has a
narrow base so whenever you hook up the antenna,stand it up it falls
over i learnt that the hard way, so i have to balance it with something
heavy if i just want it stand up.Overall it has being good thanks guys
for your help you saved me alot of $ and it probably does a better job.

Yours truly
Adam

I like my 505 just fine. One thing I've discovered, though, is that, at
least with my particular radio, if you plug in the AC adapter while the
radio is _on_, it will erase the frequencies you've stored in memory and
reset the clock. I've accidentally done it several times.

For example, I unplugged the "wall wart" while the radio was turned off
to use the outlet to run a battery charger. Later I turned the radio on,
and nothing happened. I realized that I hadn't plugged the wall wart
back into the outlet, so went ahead and did so. The radio reset itself.

And yes, both the 505 and my ATS-909 can be tipped over very easily. I
knocked the 909 over several years ago and it hit a hard floor. The
radio stopped working with battery power, but continues to operate with
the AC adapter, or by running it with battery power through the power
input connector.

Northe
N6KO

The Long and Thin Vertical Loop Antenna. [ The Non-Resonance Vertical with a Difference ] RHF Shortwave 0 December 27th 05 06:03 PM
Grounding Steve Rabinowitz Shortwave 31 December 14th 05 05:26 AM
No CounterPoise - Portable Antenna System RHF Shortwave 1 November 19th 05 06:18 PM
EH Antenna Revisited Walter Maxwell Antenna 47 January 16th 04 04:34 AM
Outdoor Antenna and lack of intermod Soliloquy Scanner 11 October 11th 03 01:36 AM