Old February 7th 06, 02:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John S.

Default Why is 'Talk Radio' So Conservative?

David wrote:
On 6 Feb 2006 12:38:14 -0800, "John S." wrote:

David wrote:
On 6 Feb 2006 08:00:14 -0800, "John S." wrote:

Common sense would tell you that the things we communicate to one
another are by definition colored by our experiences, background and
temperment. There is not a newsman who is 100% objective, as much as
many of them try to be.

As someone with a smattering of journalism training I can assure you
that this is one of the first things discussed in school. Objectivity
is a job skill in the journalistic profession. Story selection is way
more biased than individual reporters' work.

Well, possibly you had not been smattered by exposure to the real world
during and after your journalism training. Other than you there is not
a person I'm aware of that would claim that their writings are free
from bias. It just is not possible to be bias free in writing. It may
not be conscious, but it is there.

I say that is entirely wrong. A good reporter knows when he's
spinning and know when he's not. Objectivity is part of being a
professional. People who write slanted stories aren't real news
people.

It isn't a case if intentionally spinning, lying or whatever. If you
don't believe me then ask a reporter who has been in the business for a
whil. Ask if people carry their own biases and beliefs into their
work.....

Old February 7th 06, 05:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On 6 Feb 2006 18:14:25 -0800, "John S." wrote:

It isn't a case if intentionally spinning, lying or whatever. If you
don't believe me then ask a reporter who has been in the business for a
whil. Ask if people carry their own biases and beliefs into their
work.....

But yet you can't give an example.

Is Brian Williams a Republican or a Democrat?

Old February 10th 06, 04:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
running dogg

John S. wrote:

David wrote:
On 6 Feb 2006 08:00:14 -0800, "John S." wrote:

Common sense would tell you that the things we communicate to one
another are by definition colored by our experiences, background and
temperment. There is not a newsman who is 100% objective, as much as
many of them try to be.

As someone with a smattering of journalism training I can assure you
that this is one of the first things discussed in school. Objectivity
is a job skill in the journalistic profession. Story selection is way
more biased than individual reporters' work.

Well, possibly you had not been smattered by exposure to the real world
during and after your journalism training. Other than you there is not
a person I'm aware of that would claim that their writings are free
from bias. It just is not possible to be bias free in writing. It may
not be conscious, but it is there.

David claims to be objective! Now THAT is funny!

Old February 10th 06, 02:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.dumbass.rickets,alt.basketcase.rickets
David

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 08:26:33 -0500, dxAce
wrote:

That's a daily occurrence for you, isn't it, 'tard boy!

Yes it is. Very similar to you getting your colostomy bag changed.

Old February 10th 06, 05:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.dumbass.rickets,alt.basketcase.rickets,alt.clueless.rickets
dxAce

wrote:

That's a daily occurrence for you, isn't it, 'tard boy!

Yes it is. Very similar to you getting your colostomy bag changed.

LMFAO at the mentally retarded Rickets, yet again!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 12th 06, 01:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

Default Why is 'Talk Radio' So Conservative ? - Because People Tune-In and Listen !

On 12 Feb 2006 00:07:27 -0800, "RHF"
wrote:

DaviD - The simple logic of it all is :

We are a Multi-Channel Information Society.
* Dozens of TV Stations plus Cable and Satellite TV
* Hundreds of Radio Stations plus Satellite Radio
* The Internet / WWW

People as Individuals can "Choose" what they want to Hear
and Listen to - By the Minute ! - By the Hour ! - By the Day !

1 - A Good Number of People "Choose" to Listen to Talk Radio.

2 - A Good Number of the People Who "Choose" to Listen
to Talk Radio and "Choose" to Listen to Conservative Talk Radio.

3 - Most People "Choose" to Listen to things that they Like and
are Comfortable with : Music, News, Sports and yes Talk Radio.

4 - Business Advertise with the Radio Programs that they feel
attract the largest number of Listeners who may want, need
and/or use their products and services.

5 - Successful Radio Programs Grow because of two Factors :
Listeners and Sponsors.

6 - Conservative Radio Programs have both a High Percentage
of Radio Listeners and Many Sponsors wanting to Advertise
their Products and Services with them.

7 - People "Choose" Conservative Talk Radio because to some
degree that is how deep inside them - that is how they 'feel'
about many things in their Lives and the way Life Ought To Be.
Feeling Are Facts [.]

DaviD - Why is 'Talk Radio' So Conservative ?
[ Because People Tune-In and Listen ! ]

Because the station owners make more money when the voters support
pro-business, anti little guy policies?

Old February 12th 06, 01:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.dumbass.rickets,alt.boxcanyonidiot.rickets
dxAce

wrote:

[...]

The voters support anti 'tard boy policies!

LMFAO at the dumbass Rickets, yet again.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 12th 06, 09:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Why is 'Talk Radio' So Conservative ? - Because People Tune-In...

So,what's wrong with the station owners making some money? They have to
put food on the table and clothes on their kids and pay their bills too.
cuhuliin

Old February 12th 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

wrote:

So,what's wrong with the station owners making some money?

For Liberal/Communists like Rickets, making money is a no-no.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 12th 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I cant get my beer with out money,of course I probally could get the 37
year old blonde Bell South woman next door to give me some of her home
made Moonshine once in a while.
cuhulin

203 English-language HF Broadcasts audible in NE US (27-NOV-04) Albert P. Belle Isle Shortwave 1 December 1st 04 05:09 AM
shortwv John Lauritsen Shortwave 0 November 28th 04 07:19 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1402 ­ June 25, 2004 Radionews Broadcasting 0 June 26th 04 01:42 AM