Old February 3rd 06, 04:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
running dogg

Default Why Hillbillies Like Cactus

David wrote:

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 18:40:43 -0800, running dogg wrote:

wrote:

I hope the audio samples aren't representative of what's on the album
because they stink. And please post this nonsense to another, more
appropriate group.

Not all the music made in the 60s was done by geniuses. Hendrix,
Morrison and Joplin had talent, sure (not to mention Santana, who's
still playing) but a lot of the stuff is remembered by absolutely
nobody, not even the classic rock stations. The 60s are OVER, David, get
used to it.

genii?

You HAVE been a professor for too long. "Geniuses" is the accepted usage
in American English. Hardly anybody who isn't an anal retentive English
professor (which you may be) uses "genii", although since "genius" is
indeed from Latin that would be technically correct. To the average
American, a genii is a magic person in a bottle who grants you three
wishes. Oh, and it was nice that you didn't tackle the meat of my post,
but instead made an issue over Latin vs English.

Old February 3rd 06, 05:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

What do y'all call people who live in Mountain areas? Mountainbillies?
There is a big stereotype about Hillbillies,a stereotype that sure does
have a lot of people fooled Big Time! They are no different from anybody
else.Not enough hills,or big enough hills,here in Mississippi to be
considered Hillbillies.From in front of my house,the street begins to go
uphill,about six or seven feet high to the top,I think.I guess that
means I am a Hillbillie,eh? The side of the street I live on is about
four to five feet higher up than the other side of the street I live
on.Does that mean I am a Hillbillie? It does NOT!
cuhulin

Old February 3rd 06, 05:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Morse Allison is a Mississippi legend? No matter,I still never heard of
Morse Allison before untill this evening.He probally plays/played some
kind of junk "music" I never cared anything about.Big deal,Lucille.
cuhulin

Old February 3rd 06, 05:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

The ONLY kind of Music I like and always have liked the best is the
old,old style of slow soft Music and Songs from the 1950's and on wayyyy
back in many years past.Of course,there is Ancient Irish and Ancient
Scottish Music too.
cuhulin

Old February 3rd 06, 05:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

And watch out for the Cacti.Did I say Cacti? google,Mississippi Trivia
cuhulin

Old February 3rd 06, 01:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

wrote:

[...]

I apologize for not tackling your meat.

Old February 3rd 06, 03:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I have no doubts at all Morse Allison is/was a nice guy,whether he is
from Mississippi or your State,any State in U.S.A.or anywhere in the
World.The taste I have in Music are the same as since I was a little
boy,about sixty something years ago.I dont keep up with the "Joneses".By
the way,I love that old style Tin Pan Alley Music too.
cuhulin

Old February 3rd 06, 06:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

You have no conception of what is old school.

callsign "cactus" ? Phil Scanner 6 November 30th 04 11:29 AM
Giant Cu Cactus antenna Jimmie Antenna 3 October 18th 04 05:06 PM