Old February 4th 06, 11:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

Default A NEW RECEIVER IS COMING: DSP KWZ30-2

A NEW RECEIVER IS COMING: DSP KWZ30-2

Hello! From time to time I kept an eye on the Kneisner+Doering site,
waiting for information about the successor model to their KWZ-30, a
new model that had never materialized for years. Now it seems that
the wait is nearly over.

Go to http://kd-elektronik.com/index_e.html and click on "DSP
Receiver" and "DSP Receiver KWZ30-2". For the time being, only the
preliminary technical specifications are available, but I'm looking
forward to reading more about it. I own and like their KWZ-30; I hope
the KWZ30-2 will be a step forward, in comparison to an already very
interesting receiver. Usual disclaimer: I have no commercial
connection with K+D; I'm posting this message only for your
information. 73 (Fabrizio Magrone, Forlì, Italy, Feb 4, HCDX via DXLD 6-023)

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 4th 06, 11:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

What do you suspect the price range will be for the new one? Similar
to the JRC NRD545?

Frank
Tucson

Old February 4th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

A NEW RECEIVER IS COMING: DSP KWZ30-2

Hello! From time to time I kept an eye on the Kneisner+Doering site,
waiting for information about the successor model to their KWZ-30, a
new model that had never materialized for years. Now it seems that
the wait is nearly over.

Go to http://kd-elektronik.com/index_e.html and click on "DSP
Receiver" and "DSP Receiver KWZ30-2". For the time being, only the
preliminary technical specifications are available, but I'm looking
forward to reading more about it. I own and like their KWZ-30; I hope
the KWZ30-2 will be a step forward, in comparison to an already very
interesting receiver. Usual disclaimer: I have no commercial
connection with K+D; I'm posting this message only for your
information. 73 (Fabrizio Magrone, Forlì, Italy, Feb 4, HCDX via DXLD 6-023)

Well Ace, it looks like any future designed table top radios will be DSP
based. Look that way to you?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 5th 06, 12:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

[...]

Let me try to locate my crystal ball... I'll get back to you.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 5th 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Hot damn! I've been waiting for them to come out with a new receiver
for a long time. Thanks for sounding the alert. If the reviews are
positive, I might just have to shell out the money...even though it'll
hurt.

Steve

Old February 5th 06, 04:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Scroll down and you'll find a photo of one on this site:

http://tinyurl.com/cy86c

Old February 5th 06, 05:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Those rack mount radios,such as Watkins Johnson and others,are just
crying to be mounted into nice wooden cabinets.If I owned a rack mount
radio,that's what I would do with it.
cuhulin

Old February 5th 06, 10:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
R.F. Collins

On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 18:27:52 -0500, dxAce
wrote:

[...]

I have the KWZ-30 and I will be buying the new radio for sure. Hans is
a great engineer and was always out in front with DSP circuit design.

Radio design and build is not his regular job but he still provided
personal service to me when a nearby lightning strike took out the
mixer chip on my radio.He would e-mail me at midnight or 1AM (his
local time) with info or a circuit diagram and even sent me a couple
chips free of charge from Germany because they were only sold in large
quantity here in the US.

The KWZ-30 is still my favorite shortwave listening radio. The DSP
filter setup is still one of the best. Only the Icom IC-7000 comes
close with its AM filter selection.

I think it cost about $1965 with expedited UPS shipping (1998). Thanks
for the info, Ace.

Jim
Michigan