Old February 5th 06, 10:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

Default Radio Australia and New Zealand reception today

21:00 to 21:30 UTC I'm not getting NZ on 15720 KHz at all.

I expect 17675 to be better later and improve through the 22:36 to 3:59
UTC time slot.

The Australian frequencies are better at the highest current broadcast
frequencies during the hour of 21:00 UTC.

From worst to best:
11650 fourth best
11660 third best
12080 worst
13630 second best
15515 the best

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 5th 06, 10:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

Telamon wrote:

21:00 to 21:30 UTC I'm not getting NZ on 15720 KHz at all.

From the RNZI site:

05 Feb, 2006 19:34 UTC
We regret we have a fault at the transmitter. Normal service will be resumed as
soon as possible.

http://www.rnzi.com/index.php

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 5th 06, 10:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Telamon wrote:

21:00 to 21:30 UTC I'm not getting NZ on 15720 KHz at all.

From the RNZI site:

05 Feb, 2006 19:34 UTC
We regret we have a fault at the transmitter. Normal service will be resumed
as
soon as possible.

http://www.rnzi.com/index.php

Well that explains the no reception on NZ. I will have to keep an ear on
there channel to see when they return. Reception on 15720 has been weak
of late and I though it was was just a propagation problem. Thanks for
the tip.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 5th 06, 11:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Telamon wrote:

21:00 to 21:30 UTC I'm not getting NZ on 15720 KHz at all.

From the RNZI site:

05 Feb, 2006 19:34 UTC
We regret we have a fault at the transmitter. Normal service will be resumed
as
soon as possible.

http://www.rnzi.com/index.php

They were supposed to switch over to 17675 KHz at 22:36 UTC but I don't
hear them there. However I have seen a carrier coming up and down on
15720 several times since that switchover time.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 6th 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article
,
Telamon wrote:

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Telamon wrote:

21:00 to 21:30 UTC I'm not getting NZ on 15720 KHz at all.

From the RNZI site:

05 Feb, 2006 19:34 UTC
We regret we have a fault at the transmitter. Normal service will be
resumed
as
soon as possible.

http://www.rnzi.com/index.php

They were supposed to switch over to 17675 KHz at 22:36 UTC but I don't
hear them there. However I have seen a carrier coming up and down on
15720 several times since that switchover time.

Currently 00:27 UTC Australia is best on 17715. 17795 and other
frequencies on lower bands are much weaker.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old February 6th 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
MojaveDxer

Both Radio Australia and Radio New Zealand where coming in strong S-9
+20 on 31 meters at 0800 last night.

Old February 6th 06, 03:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article .com,
"MojaveDxer" wrote:

Both Radio Australia and Radio New Zealand where coming in strong S-9
+20 on 31 meters at 0800 last night.

Yeah and I expect they will tonight if NZ gets their transmitter fixed.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 6th 06, 04:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article
,
Telamon wrote:

In article
,
Telamon wrote:

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Telamon wrote:

21:00 to 21:30 UTC I'm not getting NZ on 15720 KHz at all.

From the RNZI site:

05 Feb, 2006 19:34 UTC
We regret we have a fault at the transmitter. Normal service will be
resumed
as
soon as possible.

http://www.rnzi.com/index.php

They were supposed to switch over to 17675 KHz at 22:36 UTC but I don't
hear them there. However I have seen a carrier coming up and down on
15720 several times since that switchover time.

Currently 00:27 UTC Australia is best on 17715. 17795 and other
frequencies on lower bands are much weaker.

Anybody notice that I'm getting better reception on 17715, which is
meant for Asia and that the 17795 should be better for the USA?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 6th 06, 04:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Telamon wrote:

21:00 to 21:30 UTC I'm not getting NZ on 15720 KHz at all.

From the RNZI site:

05 Feb, 2006 19:34 UTC
We regret we have a fault at the transmitter. Normal service will be resumed
as
soon as possible.

http://www.rnzi.com/index.php

Well that explains the no reception on NZ. I will have to keep an ear on
there channel to see when they return. Reception on 15720 has been weak
of late and I though it was was just a propagation problem. Thanks for
the tip.

Not sure when they got their problem fixed but they are currently audible here at
1600 on 9870.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 6th 06, 06:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mark Zenier

In article ,
Telamon wrote:

Currently 00:27 UTC Australia is best on 17715. 17795 and other
frequencies on lower bands are much weaker.

Interesting. On Saturday, 2/4, 17785 was good at 22:00 and 17795 was good
at 23:00. (They've moved Correspondent's Report/Innovations/Background
Briefing forward an hour for the Sunday/Saturday in N.Am. broadcast).

Have you checked out the new schedule. There's a number of programs that
they've dropped from the Pacific track and only broadcast to Asia, now.
They get a bunch of 15 minute programs (In Conversation, Ockham's Razor,
The Ark, Lingua Franca), and some of the more Austral-Centric discussion
programs (National Interest, Counterpoint), and Life Matters, whatever
it is. While we (for the Pacific transmissions) get the frothy chatter
shows (In the Loop, Breakfast Club). Time to hit their podcast page.
And the Science Show is now at 16:00 UTC on Sunday.

Mark Zenier