RadioBanter

-   -   LF Engineering H-800 Antenna - Again (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/88104-lf-engineering-h-800-antenna-again.html)

[email protected] February 10th 06 03:24 AM

LF Engineering H-800 Antenna - Again

I recall someone posted a rather long technical explanation that there
is more noise that is vertically polarized than horizontally polarized.
That is, noise will propagate better vertically polarized, which is why
the whip is a bad idea. It may not be just an issue of finding a quiet
spot, but the basic design might be flawed.

HFguy wrote:
DeWayne wrote:
I live in a townhouse. My best antenna is my rain gutter. I was not familiar
with the H-800 until the recent thread. My location is somewhat noisy. Is it
reasonable to assume that I would be able to find a fairly quiet location
inside my home for the H-800 since it is so compact and could easily be
moved around my home to find a possible quiet location? I would like to try
one on my Icom R75 but the antenna is not cheap. I don't think dealers
normally accept returns on antennas.

I don't think you would have a problem returning a whip antenna to
'Grove', provided all the packaging and literature are included. They
have a good return policy.

RHF February 10th 06 09:21 AM

LF Engineering H-800 Antenna - Again

Dale [W4OP] - CC&Rs :o) ~ RHF

What Are CC&Rs?
The Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CC&Rs)
Are the Governing Documents that Dictate how the
Home Owners Association operates and what Rules
the Owners -- and their Tenants and Guests -- must obey.
http://www.realtor.com/BASICS/condos...sp?poe=realtor

One of the few Legally recognized OutSide Antenna
CC&R 'get arounds' (Loop Holes) are the small Dish
Antennas used with Direct Distribution Satellite TV
(DDS-TV) Broadcasting.

NOTE - Some HOAs try to say that the development or
building is wired for Cable and therefore the OutSide
Dish Antenna is Not Allowed [.] - - - Oops then came
DDS-TV of Foreign Cultural and Language Programs
from Mexico, India, China, etc and the Ethnic (Racial)
Discrimination Lawyers opened up the World to DDS-TV
with a high percentage of Condo Balconies having a
small Satellite Dish or two :o)

Using the Dish with a small Active Antenna is just a way
of getting around the CC&Rs and provides a fairly secure
mounting structure for the Active Antenna.
http://www.prosatellitesupply.com/im...-Inch_Dish.jpg
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...CLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

http://www.powersecurityinstallation...llite_dish.jpg

http://www.tomsnetworking.com/networ...s/img_2024.jpg
http://altura.speedera.net/ccimg.cat...s/11862456.jpg

http://www.skycasters.com/satellite-...llite-dish.jpg

http://danny.oz.au/travel/mongolia/p...llite-dish.jpg
http://www.kalyx.com/store/images/TERTRKS26.jpg

Hey Why Not . . .
Try a Dish for your next Ballon Antenna Project :o)
http://www.advertisingballoons.com/i...tvwithlogo.jpg
- - - The Antenna at the End of your Antenna Wire :o)

After a Long Night of DXing some Condo Dwellers
http://www.sorabji.net/2000/november/28.jpg
are know to see Pink Dishes in the Morning :o)

i know another crazy idea - cause iane ~ RHF