Old February 21st 06, 12:24 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
junius

Default Newbie to shortwave

The DE1102 is probably a decent enough selection. If all you're
wanting to do is to listen to number stations, I wouldn't sink too much
money into a radio. Go with something relatively inexpensive like
this. If for some reason these number stations continue to hold your
interest over the longer term, then you could consider upgrading later.

junius

Chaostrophy wrote:
Hi people,

Recently I came across "The Conet Project" which I am sure you have all heard about, and now I am so damn intrigued that I want to be able to hear these numbers stations too... it's hard to find out on the net exactly what kind of radio I would need for this, but I've managed to find out a few things that I will need on the radio, for example it has to be capable of SSB and a general coverage reciever etc. Anyway I found this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I was hoping some of you could take a look at it and let me know of this will do the trick? I have never used a shortwave radio before and so I don't want to spend too much on my first radio, all I want to be able to do for now is tune into these numbers stations!

Thanks in advance for any help/info.

Chaostrophy